• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • waffle king

You serious Clark?
    Feb 7, 2013
    SoMD
    I purchased two for my glock 22 back before the craze for less than $10 each. They fit too snug and didn't drop freely, so I've never even tried them out. Stick to oem.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    KCI mags are hit or miss with reliability, due primarily to quality control issues. Which is why some forks use them without issue and others would give them away to the first person that gave them a two bit piece.

If you get a couple and they work well be thankful and use them for as long as they work. If they fail to function toss them in the sale bin and figure that it was the cost of tuition to learn. The best thing you can do if you do choose to buy them is strip them down and use a deburring tool or exacto knife to take off the extra material (molding flash) around the feed lip, follower and channel. (It helps if you have a factory mag to check your work against.) Also, very lightly polish and smooth out the sharp metal edges at the top of the inner support so that you don't have drag to interfere with the round as it is stripped out of the mag and pushed forward into the chamber. Use some dry silicon lube inside, in the follower channel. Then make sure that they fit in and function in your pistol. I have a few of these and since I like to tinker, I took the time to work on them and have not seen any issues so far. I bought them when they were two mags with a double mag pouch for around $9.00. They are not Glock factory mags, this much is true. Thus, don't expect factory fit and finish. But a little finesse can help a lot to make them more reliable.

kbarrett220

Jun 2, 2013
    Eastern Shore, MD
    I own Glocks 17, 19, 21, 22 and 23 and got about 100 of them(KCI mags)on trade just recently that I'm trying to get rid of. I kept 5 of each for personal use. I use the Glocks to teach firearm safety classes and probably put 1000 rounds a month through them and the KCI mags and haven't experienced a malfunction yet. I like the fact that they are 1/2 the cost of factory OEM mags but look and perform the same. IMHO

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    I own Glocks 17, 19, 21, 22 and 23 and got about 100 of them(KCI mags)on trade just recently that I'm trying to get rid of. I kept 5 of each for personal use. I use the Glocks to teach firearm safety classes and probably put 1000 rounds a month through them and the KCI mags and haven't experienced a malfunction yet. I like the fact that they are 1/2 the cost of factory OEM mags but look and perform the same. IMHO

Well when you reach fifty posts... Put them up in the classified section. I'm sure that they will be adopted quickly.

kbarrett220

Jun 2, 2013
    Eastern Shore, MD
    Don't think I'll have them by them. They are going quickly. But I do have over 200 AR's that I need to get rid of. I will post them as soon as I get my 50 posts. Got one going over to Sgt Cibula to get T&E'd for agency approval as soon as it clears the FFL

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Don't think I'll have them by them. They are going quickly. But I do have over 200 AR's that I need to get rid of. I will post them as soon as I get my 50 posts. Got one going over to Sgt Cibula to get T&E'd for agency approval as soon as it clears the FFL

:shocking: :drool: sssayy whut?

Did you knock off an Armory somewhere?

kbarrett220

Jun 2, 2013
    Eastern Shore, MD
    No, needed a few more for my training company. While searching when everything was scarce, I found a new manufacturer and discovered a friend from the Military was working there. I flew down and took a look at their operation. They are all former cops and military and make a quality product that they guarantee for life. They offerd me a profit share and promised they would get them as cheap as possible. I put my life savings into the deal with 3 other friends and now we have 200 to get rid of. I'll post as soon as I'm off posting probation

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    Also, very lightly polish and smooth out the sharp metal edges at the top of the inner support so that you don't have drag to interfere with the round as it is stripped out of the mag and pushed forward into the chamber.

What do you use to polish this area?

Well when you reach fifty posts... Put them up in the classified section. I'm sure that they will be adopted quickly.

I'd go for a few.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    What do you use to polish this area?

I just used a crock stick to take the sharp edge off of the metal feed lips at the top. Any fine stone will do, and you do not take any more metal off than absolutely necessary to remove any burrs and polish the edge so that the casing does not drag as it is pushed forward from the magazine.

Pull the bottom plate off and remove the follower and spring...
    Polish the feed lip and remove any burrs or flash from the follower...
    Apply some dry silicon on the inside track that the follower runs on and reassemble.

While you fine tune the mag... use one of your best factory mags to compare your work to and check as you go...

I have found that a little finesse on most magazines will make them run as well as any factory mags. Just removing burrs and polishing the metal a bit does the same for the mag as it would for the feed ramp...

Some after market mags are not worth the effort due to all plastic construction or being over/under size to start with but some, like these are salvageable for the cost of a little adjustment time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom