• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jjbduke2004

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2008
    Morris Oblast, NJ SSR
    I saw this posted in Recreational Shooting by Biff_N. I am reposting here since it's more appropriate in this section.

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=169268
    The Greenbelt Gun Club, with assistance from the Monumental Rifle & Pistol Club will be holding an Introduction to High Power Competition Clinic at the Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore (AGC) on Sundays March 15 and 29 and Saturday April 4, 2015 from 8:00am - 4:00pm.

The first two dates will be begin with classroom instruction followed by live firing on the 200 yard range. The clinic will conclude on April 4th with a coached 500 point aggregate practice match.

For compete details including registration requirements, please click the link below.

http://www.associatedgunclubs.org/pdfs/HP Clinic Info & Registration.pdf

Also note the Maryland State Rifle Team (MSRPA)/Maryland Rifle Club is also hosting a clinic on March 21st and 28th at the AGC:
    http://msrpa.org/pdf/document11_101.pdf

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Thanks for posting Jon. As usual, I will be helping to coach/instruct the Maryland Rifle Club clinic. We have some of the best competitive rifle shooters in the state coaching.
    Most of them are Master or High Master level shooters and many have the coveted Distinguished Rifleman badge. They have the knowledge and experience and will be sharing much of it with those who take the clinic. Ammunition and match grade rifles are available and their use is included in the cost. Those who wish to use their own may do so. This clinic always fills to capacity so sign up early!

jjbduke2004

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2008
    Morris Oblast, NJ SSR
    Thanks for posting Jon. As usual, I will be helping to coach/instruct the Maryland Rifle Club clinic. We have some of the best competitive rifle shooters in the state coaching.
    Most of them are Master or High Master level shooters and many have the coveted Distinguished Rifleman badge. They have the knowledge and experience and will be sharing much of it with those who take the clinic. Ammunition and match grade rifles are available and their use is included in the cost. Those who wish to use their own may do so. This clinic always fills to capacity so sign up early!

I'd love to come down for that as I could really use a tune up being out of the sport from late '11 to early '14. I only shot a few matches in early '14 before life intervened again. Unfortunately, I have an event on the 21st. :sad20:

I could really use some coaching to identify any bad habits and teach me whatever techniques I haven't learned to go to the next level.

I've been shooting some smallbore prone indoors this winter which is giving me some practice. One day I'll have to pick your brain on tube gun adjustments. I have the Anschutz dialed in for prone (may need a little more offset) with LOP and cast. Becoming familiar with Anschutz adjustments is making me not like the R5.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    I would be glad to help. Hopefully you can make it down here sometime in the future.
    One of the biggest obstacles I found when learning stock adjustments for the bolt action match rifle is to make sure that you have it adjusted so that you can manipulate the bolt without having to move the rifle while doing so. That is one thing that is not mentioned in any of the sources that I used when learning to run a bolt gun.

sogfrog

Sep 30, 2007
    A question and request

I saw this posted in Recreational Shooting by Biff_N. I am reposting here since it's more appropriate in this section.

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=169268

Also note the Maryland State Rifle Team (MSRPA)/Maryland Rifle Club is also hosting a clinic on March 21st and 28th at the AGC:
    http://msrpa.org/pdf/document11_101.pdf

Please email me at vicepresident@greenbeltgunclub.com with an explanation for your action without consulting with the OP. BTW, I agree that the announcement for this should have been posted here but I don't understand why you thought that was your call one way or the other. Let's take this off-line and discuss it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom