• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chsnprodigy

Dec 24, 2012
    Hello,
    My son is turning 18 next month and im trying to figure out if I can transfer my shotgun to him when he turns 18. Ive googled it and came up with answers from 18 or 21 years of age. Just thought I would tap into the great wisdom of this forum. So whats the minimum age to own a shotgun?

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    As long as the shotgun is legal in MD, you both are MD residents, he's not a prohibited person, the shotgun doesn't fall into the copy cat, it has a stock (no stubby or pistol grips), and it isn't a NFA item then yes you can transfer it.

Or at least I think you can.

It would help to post what it is.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    As long as the shotgun is legal in MD, you both are MD residents, he's not a prohibited person, the shotgun doesn't fall into the copy cat, it has a stock (no stubby or pistol grips), and it isn't a NFA item then yes you can transfer it.

No pistol grips?

chsnprodigy

Dec 24, 2012
    Its just a mossberg 500, nothing fancy, no other grips or anything....just a mossberg 500 you can buy at wallmart.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County

Things were so much simpler when I was a kid. I wanted a shotgun at 14, my Father bought one and handed it to me and it was mine. :o

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Things were so much simpler when I was a kid. I wanted a shotgun at 14, my Father bought one and handed it to me and it was mine. :o

A father could do the same thing today but he'd be hauled off to jail for child abuse and the son would be banned from school and sent to mandatory counseling for wanting a gun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom