• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EODJoe

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Jan 15, 2013
    Carroll County
    I picked up an old Chipmunk .22 for my 6 year old son and will be taking him to the range with it soon. He likes to go with me and watch but hasn't shot anything yet. He does enjoy shooting a Bear Goblin recurve bow in the backyard though. It is excellent bonding time.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    As soon as they are old enough to know right from wrong and can safely hold the firearm without help. IMO

Don't think it so much a "right from wrong" thing, but more of a follow the rules thing.

Some of us are still trying to understand "right from wrong" as it is.

To the OP, I started shooting a pellet gun when I was 4 or 5 yeas old. I could not hold the gun, so my dad would hold it for me and let me aim the gun by moving the forearm and he would allow me to pull the trigger. Think I was shooting at a beer can on the side of a hill at 5 yards back then. Incredible to think that this was in Kensington in Montgomery County. Probably get arrested nowadays for doing something like that.

I know for a fact that by the time I was in second grade I was using a .410 shotgun and that in 3rd grade I got the snot knocked out of me with the exposed hammer on the gun. Next day, my dad cut down the stock to the gun so I could actually put it on my shoulder instead of under my arm pit.

Gambler

¿Got Freedom?
    Oct 30, 2011
    Parkville
    When my son gets old enough, we'll be going in this order as he progresses:
    Spring Airsoft
    Gas Airsoft
    .22lr
    .22lr
    .22lr
    undecided

Users who are viewing this thread