• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • olddawg

Feb 3, 2011
    Harford County
    $200 is ridiculous. I too, remember when they were less than the 91/30's. Overall I think their prices are very competitive but not on this one. I'll pass. Not to say I won't pick up one of those hex 91/30s though. That's a good price.:innocent0

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    The price is all supply and demand. When they were readily available for $49 there were plenty of them. Previous price in a historic market has little relevance on current value.

$200 for a crate fresh M44 is not a terrible price.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    The price is all supply and demand. When they were readily available for $49 there were plenty of them. Previous price in a historic market has little relevance on current value.

$200 for a crate fresh M44 is not a terrible price.

Gunsnammo will get you a better one for less.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    AIM is seemingly the only game in town with M44's. I wonder if they've been sitting on a few cases and salivating as the supply dried up and the prices started to skyrocket on the secondary market.

Market price is what people are willing to pay-and I'm betting they will sell out soon at $200. When I first started collecting Mosins about three years ago, M44's were the same price as the 91/30's ($80). As has been stated, the supply has dried up and this may be one of the final times to purchase from a vendor like AIM.

If you're thinking the prices are out of line and betting they will drop in the future, the other thing to consider is production numbers. The Soviets made between 13 and 14 million 91/30's - by far the most of any model. What was the next most produced model of Mosin? The M44 at 7.5 million, or half of the 91/30. You might want to factor this into the costing of an M44. At best there is only half the amount available of the ever prevalent 91/30, so I doubt you'll be seeing the price drop anytime soon (ever).

The only M44 I need to finish my collection is a Finn captured version.
    I sure could use one of those M44 crates though! That would make for a smaller, more manageable coffee table.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    The only M44 I need to finish my collection is a Finn captured version.

Ok so we get this guy named Veijo Niinistö to lift one off of the UPS truck when AIM tries to ship it to someone.

psoyring

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2010
    Brunswick MD
    Not only were there only about 1/2 as many carbines as 91/30s to start with, but an awful lot of them wound up in Korea and Vietnam.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads