• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CrabbyMcNab

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2009
    Went and "shot" airsoft yesterday. I was in for a surprise.

I've done simunitions many times before, but nothing like this. A couple buddies and I went to a place in Rockville that has an indoor shoot "house". Large warehouse with many rooms, passage ways and such.

Us newbies rented the house rifles, HK G36 immitations. Battered, old, my selector switch kept falling off. We got one magazine and a bag o BB's.

All the ninjas were sporting hi tech G18s, M4's, PS90's, one sniper rifle backup pistols. These guys and kids wearing bdu's, vests, shin guards GIJoe masks. We were severly doomed.

Games were kinda cool. Capture the flag and such. Two teams, split evenly between size of group and experience. Learned the term, "respawn". Apparently I need to play more video games.

Those little BB's can hurt! Especially when they hit your knuckle and finger nail.

It was fun. I'd do it again. Felt like a nerd with all the folks talking about video games, the different weapons, and 12 year olds shouting directions while waving glocks and 1911's. Takes some getting used to people running/standing around with training guns pointing at everyone. No firearm discipline to speak of, but is it necessary? I certainly wouldn't take any of these folks to a real gun range without severe safety instruction. This is definitely a great tool for training LE and MIL. $20 to rent the equipment, $20 to play from 12 - 7 PM. If you can handle the cheaters who don't want to follow the rules, facemask cam the game or cry when they get hit, it is worth trying out.

Biggie313

Molon Labe
    Feb 23, 2010
    Essex
    What are the rules? Is it like if you get hit you have to stop running? what is to stop someone from padding up and just running commando style for the flag non-stop, taking hundreds of hits?

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    What are the rules? Is it like if you get hit you have to stop running? what is to stop someone from padding up and just running commando style for the flag non-stop, taking hundreds of hits?

Honor. Airsoft players don't take too kindly to cheaters. Usually there are field marshals that try to spot cheaters.

CrabbyMcNab

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2009
    This is a whole new world I new nothing about until yesterday.

Yes, sportsman like conduct is the name of the game. If your "hit" step out and wait your predetermined time in the safe room. Play again. No rambo crap and not calling hits.

CrabbyMcNab

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2009
    It was a place in Montgomery County, Rockville.

Tactical Airsoft Arena, or something very similar. You can google the site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom