• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    I'm a fat fuc...fellow....I would AIWB if not for that. While I have a large gun, my firearm is small (M&P Shield). Oh, I can dream.
    For best concealment, I'm finding about 2:00 works best for me, but my hands more naturally go to the middle of my torso which is why I want AIWB.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Probably the best way I've found for me provided a compact pistol in a decent holster. I think the better shape you are in, the more comfortable AIWB is up front, and the more 4:00 IWB digs into your hip and prints. I stick to P365/P365XL, usually once you find a good position for it, and smooth or heat/bend any edges on the holster it is all-day comfortable. There are a couple night and day advantages over 4:00, for me it's way easier to draw when seated in a car, it is faster to draw, and more discreet. It is a LOT easier to defend from a gun grab or draw while grappling. Have messed around with blue guns and LEO instructors at my BJJ/MMA academy, and it's not even close, I can get the pistol out from the ground pretty much every time, works very well with defensive positions on the ground, or standing. Even if you end up with someone mounted on top, most every escape or shrimping out allows plenty of space to draw and fire with either hand. 4:00 carry is effectively blocked with a simple underhook on that side.

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    Are there any good videos out there on selection of the method/location of carry?
    There are a couple videos about AIWB not being so dangerous if you are careful when reholstering.

For entertainment

See ground impact on ND

General with demos on proper draw and reholstering AIWB

Last edited:

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Sitting is the issue for me. It's just not comfortable with my setup. Also, if you have a ND while sitting, you may not shoot your junk off, but you WILL shoot your femoral artery.

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Sitting is the issue for me. It's just not comfortable with my setup. Also, if you have a ND while sitting, you may not shoot your junk off, but you WILL shoot your femoral artery.

I don't touch the covered trigger while carrying. I am not worried about an ND.

Depending on how everything is situated I find that the holster for the G19 touches my leg when sitting and can be annoying after some time. I usually adjust everything by hitching my belt when that happens. The G43x holster seems just short enough to not touch like that, but I have only been out with that once since I bought it.

Edwonbass

Jan 28, 2021
    Union Mills, MD
    I carry AIWB. Not a big guy. Five seven, 170. Not fat, not skinny. It's not always comfortable and I'm still working through positioning, height, and placement of the foam wedge but I think I have it as good as it's going to get. I'm still doing baby steps. Started off with empty chamber, now I am currently at the loaded chamber with manual thumb safety engaged stage. I might move on to loaded chamber, no safety status before long. I figure while I am still occasionally shifting things around, it's just better to keep the safety on. I do practice drawing while flipping the safety off. I still have a minor fear of shooting my pee pee off. It's just something a fella needs to get over.

bibitor

Kulak
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2017
    FEMA Region III
    Can someone please explain to me how you get a negligent discharge from a properly holstered pistol?

If you are concerned about the gun spontaneously discharging that's a different discussion, but negligent implies something else entirely.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Anywhere iwb is less than ideal to me. Pancake holster on the right hip is my go to. My t shirt covers it good enough. I keep it covered when I’m out in the world. When I’m at work it varies from concealed to printing alot to open.
    Pancake doubleplusgood.

I had to mothball mine and get an IWB tuckable for MoCo. I'm too old to be a test case; by the time it would work thru the court system I'd probably be well into my dirt nap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom