• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    I have a box full of AK flats that I bent up before October 1 so I want to start setting up my shop to have all the needed tools to finish them by myself.

This weekend I bought a 20-Ton Press and spot welder from Harbor Freight Tools in Fredericksburg, VA. I also ordered from AK Builder the tongs for the spot welder.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    I have a box full of AK flats that I bent up before October 1 so I want to start setting up my shop to have all the needed tools to finish them by myself.

This weekend I bought a 20-Ton Press and spot welder from Harbor Freight Tools in Fredericksburg, VA. I also ordered from AK Builder the tongs for the spot welder.

I still have the park setup as well. I am almost done tuning the rails on all of mine and will be ready for park and paint probably this weekend. I can set the grill up as an oven to bake parts.

Theshadow324

Mar 15, 2014
    Owings Mills
    Hey all, I'm new to the concept of builds, but I have more interest in building an AK than an AR, if only because the tolerances are greater. I would be really interested in attending the next build party you all get together for.

Is it generally accepted that it's easier to go with a flat than we a pre-bent 80%.
    Thanks all,

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    Hey all, I'm new to the concept of builds, but I have more interest in building an AK than an AR, if only because the tolerances are greater. I would be really interested in attending the next build party you all get together for.

Is it generally accepted that it's easier to go with a flat than we a pre-bent 80%.
    Thanks all,

build all you want.....but you can't start until you no longer reside in MD.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    Could just save some money and buy and Hbar

you really should hang out in AR-related forums instead of the AK build thread. ;)

unless you know where to find a MD-legal HBAR AK.... :innocent0

(he's asking about building an AK...hence the statement about flat vs. pre-bent blank....and posting it in the AK build party thread.)

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    He said he would prefer to build ak over ar but if he cant build one I thought maybe he may want a purchase option.

I plan to build an AK with a lower I worked in your presence. That's why I come here ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom