• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    As I layed out in the "How-to" thread....

This is a complete compliance part package...just add parts kit and reciever and you have everything you need to build an AK.

This kit will contain
    1 Tapco G2 Trigger (Trigger, Disconnector and Hammer)
    1 US made Gas Piston
    1 US made pistol grip

If we purchase 10 of these kits they will be $40 each.

We may be able to have some choice as to which pistol grip we want, or if you wanted, to switch the pistol grip out for a US made flashider(like if your kit comes with a grip with a real cool carving or just really nice furniture in general and you don't want to replace it)

I personally am in for 4 packages

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    I will update this list as people post what they want

Numidian 4 kits
    JAS 1 kit
    mch 28 1 kit
    nighthawk 2 kits
    slayer 1 kit
    h2u 2 kits
    mpickering 2 kits
    gibby 1 kit
    vince 1 kit

Last edited:

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    As long as we go with the NDS-1, I'd be in for 2. Once we pick the receiver, I will be more certain. I also have heard the Tapco's should go with the "NDS-1's" - not "3's".

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    The tapcos may or may not work with the threes, if there is a problem the trigger group need to be filed to make it work. It is not always an issue, but I'd like to avoid the problem. I'm really pushing for the Mdsf serial numbers!

Dave

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    The problem I have heard of with the NDS-3's and the G3 trigger group is overtravel of the trigger. As I understand it, the NDS-3 was set up for the Century trigger group. I've also heard other people say they have had no problem with the combination. I have one with an NDS-3 and it's great but I used a leftover Century group I had for it. Just food for thought.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    How much are the kits without the $40 price? If it's a great deal, I may be in. Otherwise I'm pretty thin on extra cash and will hold off most likely.

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    I will update this list as people post what they want

Numidian 4 kits
    JAS 1 kit
    mch 28 1 kit
    nighthawk 2 kits
    slayer 1 kit
    h2u 2 kits
    mpickering 2 kits
    gibby 1 kit
    vince 1 kit

Does anyone here want/need these kits right now? Or is waiting until January OK?

If a number of you want to buy now, I'll set up a purchase for now and then just do another in January. It's totally up to you guys.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Whenever is good for me. Let me know when to send the cash. Just got two Yugo kits in today (M72 and M90). Sure are purdy:)

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Also, are we on our own for getting the rivet kits? I've been roaming the various AK sites and have found a place where most of the AK builders get their rivet sets from. It looks like $12 each. A little more for the screws. He has stainless screws as well (for the "bling"). I don't know if barrel pins are included in the price but will try to find out.
    Do any of us have a 20 ton press for the barrel removal? If not, I'll start checking around. I also ordered a highly recommended AK build CD that goes step by step through the process. Yes, it does include bending flats and the hardening process.

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    I have a press.

As for rivet and screw kits, I'm actually leaning towards welding all my kits... I might still just try one of each...but welding is so easy LOL

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Cool about the press- don't know how I feel about the welding yet. If I get enough kits together, I may try one of each.....

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Pirate4x4.com is getting together a group buy with Pete(Shadow River Productions). If we combine with them we should be able to get them for $35 each.

I'm waiting to hear from Pete on the timetable for that buy. I'll keep you guys updated.

biermkr

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2007
    Almost Heaven
    Has anyone thought about using the floorplate and follower on the mags as compliance parts? They are inexpensive and easy to install.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom