• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    I got mine up and running. Since I did a screw build I think I will finish my recievers and build them out and swap the barrel section between them till I can get more.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Am all for armed ferrets time frame. I still need to get some parts together and SB281 has killed my bnk account. Need a little time to get some funding and parts then I'd love to get back together.

Doesn't help I can't decide what to do :(

dgtaurus

Feb 17, 2011
    Pasadena
    I think everybody has screwed up their bank account because of 10/1. I definitely need to take a breather after that spending but I'd love to get in on the finishing party.

CJWalker

Aug 18, 2010
    Carroll County
    I can't see myself buying another kit anytime (very) soon, but I know I'll try and convince myself to. Heck, I didn't even plan on building anything this soon since I just wanted to purchase and/or make a receiver while it was legal in MD. Now I have 5 receivers, some new tools and a Polish AK that's almost done lol.

chuckgregory

Feb 14, 2010
    on the block
    I need to repair my previously completed receiver because a rail popped off.
    Does anyone have a spot welder I could use for 10 minutes? I'm willing to drive.

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    I can plug weld or spot weld. Harford county.

K-var now ships parts kits to Maryland again. After a long discussion with their "legal department" they have changed their policy.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    I can plug weld or spot weld. Harford county.

K-var now ships parts kits to Maryland again. After a long discussion with their "legal department" they have changed their policy.

If you are going to spot weld you need clean metal and contacts. I think the reason rails were popping off is probably due to this. Plug welding is a little less asthetic but a much more positive method for joining.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    Those who want 'em to look more correct, though.... ;)

(plug welding works, definitely. just isn't quite the correct look is all, and for some folks--not all--that's a big deal. see also: theakforum.net :lol2: )

Rumnhammer

Mar 2, 2013
    party

I'd be up for a November party, have a friends pistol, and possibly one of mine to put together then.

Chris Rummel

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom