• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    AK myth from the early 80's. DI told me, "AK's can use our ammo but we can't use theirs". I told the Drill he was "WRONG"! My arms still hurt :)

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    AK myth from the early 80's. DI told me, "AK's can use our ammo but we can't use theirs". I told the Drill he was "WRONG"! My arms still hurt :)

My DS said that too. It was even weirder since he asked "what ammo does the AK use" and I answered "Most likely 7.62 or 5.45 AK, sometimes 5.56 or 7.62 NATO, but with a different magazine." Apparently the right answer was "the same as ours." WTF?

Myth:

If you have an underfolder, don't ever unfold the stock.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD

You actually can fire 5.56 out of an 7.62 AK. It wont be accurate, it wont cycle the action and the casing will stretch and stick in the chamber.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    So it WAS a "hold my beer moment"

Sorta, I did win my money back though.

I said I could remove the AK top cover, remove the AK recoil spring assembly, chamber a round, close the bolt manually, and then hold the bolt handle closed while I fired the round without getting hurt.

It stings a little but it is easy to do.

chris12138

Kitchen Table Machinist
    Jul 12, 2011
    St Marys

I said I could remove the AK top cover, remove the AK recoil spring assembly, chamber a round, close the bolt manually, and then hold the bolt handle closed while I fired the round without getting hurt.

zjbgv5.jpg

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    Loving it so far lol...

7.62x39 is a man stopper, unlike that little poodle popper 5.56...

7.62x39 has been responsible for more deaths world wide than any other caliber.

Aks are heavy...

They have the ergonomics of a cactus...wrapped in razor wire...on fire

The rock and lock mag system is slow and clunky, and will get you killed

NO professional military uses the ak, only peasents and terrorists...and look at how many of them die to the m16/4 platforms...just goes to show how crappy the guns really are...

Considering the prevalence of the AK47 platform, particularly in the developing world, with its innate bush wars and violence; that's probably not a myth.

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County

MYTH: Chad doesn't know a damned thing about AKs. :innocent0

Forest

The AR guy
    Jul 13, 2011
    Considering the prevalence of the AK47 platform, particularly in the developing world, with its innate bush wars and violence; that's probably not a myth.

Considering the 8mm was used in TWO world wars, plus numerouse smaller wars for over 60 years, I'd be surprised if a few minor bush wars would compare to slaughter of WW1 or The Eastern Front

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Considering the 8mm was used in TWO world wars, plus numerouse smaller wars for over 60 years, I'd be surprised if a few minor bush wars would compare to slaughter of WW1 or The Eastern Front

Mmmmm I love 8mm. It's my favorite big bore caliber. It's 5,000 more manly than some Russian pansy caliber. (even though I love my AKs)

the Javid

Part time baby killer
    Mar 20, 2012
    Bowie
    The .22 lr round has maybe taken more lives than any other round, however, that includes animals as well. .22lr has been around longer than most and has been used to kill every type of game in North America. The .22lr has been killing things since 1887. Isrealis used it to kill dogs quietly before a raid. It also saw limited usage by the US Navy Seals in the 1990s.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    The .22 lr round has maybe taken more lives than any other round, however, that includes animals as well. .22lr has been around longer than most and has been used to kill every type of game in North America. The .22lr has been killing things since 1887. Isrealis used it to kill dogs quietly before a raid. It also saw limited usage by the US Navy Seals in the 1990s.

I am pretty sure we are talking about people not animals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom