• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    We could also have a De mil party and place the orders there. Every build thread I've read recommends doing the De mil and the build on separate days anyway.

so JJ, stick around!

and Numidian, you'll need to choose what kind of underfolder stock you'll be using cause the holes are all different...Mines hungarian.

I'm planning on buying that same Undefolder stub you bought, so the hungarian reciever it is.

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    You need to determine what kit you are getting to choose a receiver. If you get a Romanian G kit - (most readily available and the least expensive kit most places have at around $120) and you pick Nodak Spud as where you get the receivers from you can get the NDS-1 ($83) or the NDS-3 ($55). With the NDS-1 you get customization - (serial numbers (no charge), selector markings Bulgarian Yugo Russian etc (+$30) etc - you tell them what you want, they mark it and then heat treat) with the NDS-3 you dont have any custom options - the receivers already have serial numbers, come with S & F selector markings and are heat treated - so you can't pick special selector marking or serial numbers. Nodak Spud receivers are marked using the dot peening method - so after they get heat treated the machine can't mark them - they become too hard for they marks to take.

You only get a $5 price break buying them in bulk and they all have to be the same type - so no mixing and matching of NDS-1 and NDS-3. They don't do internet orders off their site, so you have to print out their form and mail it to them with a money order or cashier check. No credit cards. So everyone is goin to have to fill out their own form and mail it in with payment, unless someone is going to coordinate all the payments and individual info everyone wants. It's all spelled out on nodakspud.com or call Harlan at Nodak Spud and he will walk you through it.

Trigger groups are not a problem - just go with the Arsenal trigger group - no issues and it 3 US parts. Nodak Spud sells them on their site also - but it's just as easy to get them from somewhere else when you get your other compliance parts.

So what do you need to play...

Romanian G Kit (dpharms.com) $139.99 (copedist.com must be out because I don't see them on their site anymore)

Receiver (nodakspud.com) NDS-1 $83 or NDS-3 $55 (counts as 1 US part)

Rivet set (akparts.com) $9.95

US Full Length Gas Piston (akparts.com) $15.95 (counts a 1 US part)

Fire Control Group (copesdist.com) Made by Arsenal USA $39.99 (counts as 3 US parts)

US Slant Break (copesdist.com) $10.99 (counts as 1 US part)

Plus tools and refinishing supplies iof you want it ot look good. THe wood and metal need refinishing.

YOu can go other routes to get your compliance parts US pistol grip (copesdist.com), US Stock Set (ironwoodsdesign.com)

Places to get things - many options (above is where I got my parts) but copesdist.com
    dpharms.com
    akparts.com
    ak-builder.com
    jgsales.com
    apexgunparts.com

Feel free to comment on above. I have just started getting into building over the last few months.

Sorry I posted this in the wrong thread.

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA

Fire Control Group (copesdist.com) Made by Arsenal USA $39.99 (counts as 3 US parts)

Or get the compliance package my friend is making up for us and get 5 parts for $40

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    You need to determine what kit you are getting to choose a receiver. If you get a Romanian G kit - (most readily available and the least expensive kit most places have at around $120) and you pick Nodak Spud as where you get the receivers from you can get the NDS-1 ($83) or the NDS-3 ($55). With the NDS-1 you get customization - (serial numbers (no charge), selector markings Bulgarian Yugo Russian etc (+$30) etc - you tell them what you want, they mark it and then heat treat) with the NDS-3 you dont have any custom options - the receivers already have serial numbers, come with S & F selector markings and are heat treated - so you can't pick special selector marking or serial numbers. Nodak Spud receivers are marked using the dot peening method - so after they get heat treated the machine can't mark them - they become too hard for they marks to take.

You only get a $5 price break buying them in bulk and they all have to be the same type - so no mixing and matching of NDS-1 and NDS-3. They don't do internet orders off their site, so you have to print out their form and mail it to them with a money order or cashier check. No credit cards. So everyone is goin to have to fill out their own form and mail it in with payment, unless someone is going to coordinate all the payments and individual info everyone wants. It's all spelled out on nodakspud.com or call Harlan at Nodak Spud and he will walk you through it.

Trigger groups are not a problem - just go with the Arsenal trigger group - no issues and it 3 US parts. Nodak Spud sells them on their site also - but it's just as easy to get them from somewhere else when you get your other compliance parts.

So what do you need to play...

Romanian G Kit (dpharms.com) $139.99 (copedist.com must be out because I don't see them on their site anymore)

Receiver (nodakspud.com) NDS-1 $83 or NDS-3 $55 (counts as 1 US part)

Rivet set (akparts.com) $9.95

Plus tools and refinishing supplies iof you want it ot look good. THe wood and metal need refinishing.

YOu can go other routes to get your compliance parts US pistol grip (copesdist.com), US Stock Set (ironwoodsdesign.com)

Places to get things - many options (above is where I got my parts) but copesdist.com
    dpharms.com
    akparts.com
    ak-builder.com
    jgsales.com
    apexgunparts.com

Feel free to comment on above. I have just started getting into building over the last few months.

Sorry I posted this in the wrong thread.

+ www.k-var.com - plenty of US parts, including a wide array of synthetic furniture.

biermkr

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2007
    Almost Heaven
    If anyone is interested, I know a gentleman who has started a laser engraving business to complement his shooting interests. I will contact him and find out if he would be interested in engraving our receivers.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Copes has romanian kits for $114, but they are unsorted. 5% DO NOT have matching numbers. Supposedly high quality.

Classic arms has kits for $129, I have two on the way, will post review once they arrive.

http://ak-47s.com/ has a variety of kits, I ordered my stock from them, will post review once it arrives

DPH just received a new shipment and are sorting them

Biermkr- make sure your friend knows it's hardened steel that will need engraving. That may make a difference.

Numidian, he only had one Hungarian stock left, best order quickly.

As best I figure it, we need to order our parts kits (pre xmas) and have a demill party (after xmas). At the demil party we do the FFL paperwork and turn our money over to the FFL who orders the recievers. Recievers arrive early february and we have a build party.

If we want to do a group buy on parts kits we may save a few bucks on that. I'll start a new thread for that.

Dave

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    If anyone is interested, I know a gentleman who has started a laser engraving business to complement his shooting interests. I will contact him and find out if he would be interested in engraving our receivers.

I'd be interested in finding out what he'd charge to engrave my AR receivers for SBR purposes.

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Numidian, he only had one Hungarian stock left, best order quickly.

I just ordered it. I called first and talked to him on the phone. I also bought an AR-15 CAR stock for my little bro's x-mas present and 2 Romanian kits. I was going to buy from Cope's but the site doesn't have a way to purchase, I think he's out. Plus AK-47s.com told me that his gets are excellent to like new in condition :party29:

Who wants a demil party in early December :party29::party29:

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Originally Posted by Drmsparks View Post
    Numidian 1 100% receiver
    JAS 1 100% receiver
    mch 28 1 100% receiver
    nighthawk 2 100% receiver
    slayer 1 100% receiver
    Drmsparks 1 100% receiver 1 underfolder reciever
    Buzzzyy 1 100% receiver
    Gibby 1 100%reciever

updated

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    a lot of the kits I've been looking at are already de-milled-maybe that's why they cost $400+....
    I think I'd rather do it myself.

de-mil has two meanings with an AK build.

The first step is to cut up and trash the receiver. The original de-mill

The second is to cut the remnants of the receiver from the parts you need- the de-mill we need to do.

Just an FYI for members that may be confused.

Dave

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    To whom it may interest:
    I just got confirmation from Lou Klein at Lou's Sporting Goods. He will match the $35 total price ($25 transfer and $10MSP) for a receiver transfer. He usually charges $50 and $10 for regulated transfers. Since it seems we are going to be getting the receivers individually, this will give a lot of us a centrally located FFL. Lou is a good guy and a small shop we want to send some business to. He has a retail store (actually more like a retail loft) in his house. I know a lot of us on the Forum can vouch for him.
    I told him we were doing a group buy and want to order AK receivers.
    Give me a heads up if you want to use Lou as your FFL for the receiver so I can get some numbers for him.

Lou's Sporting Goods
    Lou Klein: Owner/Master Gunsmith
    12227 Marne Lane
    Bowie, MD 20715-1814
    Web: www.coolshooting.net <http://www.coolshooting.net>
    Email: louklein00@comcast.net
    Shop: 301.262.6138
    Cell: 301.466.6697
    Hours: Mon.-Tues-Thurs & Fri. 6:00PM - 8:30PM
    Saturday: 11:00AM - 5:00PM
    Closed: Wed. - Sun. & MOST HOLIDAYS
    Transfer Fee: $50.00 ON MOST FIREARMS

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Around $100 +/- Depends on type and manufacturer. That price does NOT include transfer fees.

SBarber- Lou has DEFINITELY calmed down some since his surgery - are you sitting down - I even saw him smile. No, really.....:)
    So as not to make you think he's softening up too much - he did tell a cop who walked up the stairs behind him that, "You're F-in lucky I didn't shoot your ass for sneaking up here". Gotta love him - and you know Lou meant it:D

sbarber7973

Certified Fat Bastard
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2007
    Hyattsville, MD
    good I am glad he calmed down somewhat, Now I just need to make sure I have everything for this build, I have 2 recievers, 2 parts kits, and 2 of the compliance kits, am I right?

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Numidian 1 100% receiver
    JAS 1 100% receiver
    mch 28 1 100% receiver
    nighthawk 2 100% receiver
    slayer 1 100% receiver
    Drmsparks 1 100% receiver 1 underfolder reciever
    Buzzzyy 1 100% receiver
    Gibby 1 100%reciever
    Sbarber797 2 100% recievers

updated

I've bought both of my handguns from Lou, He's a nice guy. No, really, he is. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom