• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    I'm trying to buy a tank right now...

Hmmm .....you have a sandblasting cabinet...the missing piece....

Build a tank... Some PVC and a 110v heating element and you're good to go. I was actually just discussing this with Gibby.

I maybe could be talked into doing a rivet build for my 100% receiver... My 80% receivers are definitely getting welded though

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    I've got the three AK's, 2-3 FALs and the possibility of a garand build or two. There is a guy locally with a tank I'm trying to get(he wants $80 for a nice stainless tank with lid).

I figure I can use it and then sell it off to the next guy....

leroygibbs

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2008
    This all sounds good to me. Is there a plan for a get-together in the works, or is this more ad-hoc?

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    If you guys are ok with it, give me another week or two and we can have it at my house... Right now I have a 4runner in my garage that is awaiting a hydro cylinder so it will steer... Once I get that pig running I can get the garage cleaned up a bit more and we can have a demil, party...

Although the only thing I don't really have is a good drill press... I have a little table top one, but it's a cheap ass harbor freight deal...

Other then that though I have 3 grinders, a good set of punches(for all the rivets that don't go all the way through), a 20 ton press and other assorted hand tools...

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Removing the cut up pieces of receiver from the end pieces or trunions that provide the rigidity to the final structure. They are essentially the end caps to the folded open ended box that comprises the receiver. You also have to do the same for the trigger guard/ magazine release assembly.

If you are doing a rivet build you must also remove the barrel (it's press fit).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom