• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    The only A2 carry handle uppers I can find are DPMS, Del-Ton, and Fulton Armory. Colt still makes them but they're out of stock everywhere and they're stupid expensive.Model 1 has them but they're pricier and unbranded. I wouldn't mind getting one from Windham but they don't sell them.

Anyone else have a line on branded A2 uppers?

Anyone know if the Fulton uppers have M4 feed ramps? They say "A2 barrel extension" so I take it to mean no M4 feed ramps.\

How is it that I can pay $40 for a High Standard flat top upper yet that carry handle adds almost $80 to the price tag!! /rant

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    The only A2 carry handle uppers I can find are DPMS, Del-Ton, and Fulton Armory. Colt still makes them but they're out of stock everywhere and they're stupid expensive.Model 1 has them but they're pricier and unbranded. I wouldn't mind getting one from Windham but they don't sell them.

Anyone else have a line on branded A2 uppers?

Anyone know if the Fulton uppers have M4 feed ramps? They say "A2 barrel extension" so I take it to mean no M4 feed ramps.\

How is it that I can pay $40 for a High Standard flat top upper yet that carry handle adds almost $80 to the price tag!! /rant

I just picked up a Del Ton 20 inch A2 upper. I have had no issues with it, despite not having the feed ramps carved out. Do you really need them?

BTW I love my new upper, shoots so smooth with very little recoil and not muzzle rise.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    M4 feedramps are only necessary on M4 carbines shooting high rates of fire, and can be supplanted with new style GI mags, PMAGs or Lancer mags.
    You can also look around for Rock River Arms or WOA. Alternatively you can get a stripped A2 upper and roll your own and have ADCO or Chad (SOTAR) cross pin the FSB if he's up to it.

WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    M4 feedramps are only necessary on M4 carbines shooting high rates of fire, and can be supplanted with new style GI mags, PMAGs or Lancer mags.
    You can also look around for Rock River Arms or WOA. Alternatively you can get a stripped A2 upper and roll your own and have ADCO or Chad (SOTAR) cross pin the FSB if he's up to it.

I just picked up a Del Ton 20 inch A2 upper. I have had no issues with it, despite not having the feed ramps carved out. Do you really need them?

BTW I love my new upper, shoots so smooth with very little recoil and not muzzle rise.
    My only issue with Del-Ton is the color. They're almost a deep plum color that wouldn't match my lower. I might go that route and rattle can paint the upper and lower. I'm kinda thinking a faded and worn jungle pattern

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    My only issue with Del-Ton is the color. They're almost a deep plum color that wouldn't match my lower. I might go that route and rattle can paint the upper and lower. I'm kinda thinking a faded and worn jungle pattern

Yup that's their Teflon coat though most are ar plumpish under the right light

WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    f9914897e3d897556ab5701f035ba49d.jpg

Is this normal wear for a charging handle catch? I would expect some wear but the finish is rubbing off white. It's a high standard upper that I only paid $40 for on clearance at PSA. I'm planning on using it for my Dissy build.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    f9914897e3d897556ab5701f035ba49d.jpg

Is this normal wear for a charging handle catch? I would expect some wear but the finish is rubbing off white. It's a high standard upper that I only paid $40 for on clearance at PSA. I'm planning on using it for my Dissy build.

Yes that is normal wear, for the charging handle latch.

WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    I've called nearly half the major manufacturers and they've all said the same thing. The companies that forge uppers are not producing many carry handles. I guess the demand is fairly low right now and the forges want large batch orders. Le sigh, I went with the DTI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom