Am I The Only Person That Hates Stippling?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheNewGuy

Jul 17, 2015
    I'm a big fan of the functionality and consider it for me a must have. It is ugly as fvck though but Glocks aren't beauty queens in stock form anyways. What sold me was at during training the instructor 'splaineded how it helps and had us all put a mix of dish soap and water on our hands and shoot 5 rounds. I could barely keep the gun controlled. Then had us repeat with his pistol that had been stippled and it was much mo'bettah. I stippled my Glock so its a very aggressive pattern but knowing better now, I would only stipple the front and rear of the grip and leave the sides alone. It tears my skin up if it's against it so I have to wear an undershirt and those get ruined quickly. Plus 80% of your grip strength is derived from your thumbs and fingers anyway.

So only stipple your shower and dishwashing carry guns...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    I cannot stand it. Glocks have become the honda civic of handguns. The ricer of the gun world. Everybody with a glock and soldering iron all of sudden decides to melt the plastic and put on gold and silver "upgrades" on their glock. I just buy a better handgun out of the gate so I dont feel the need to bling, melt, or "upgrade".

Semper Noctem

Desk Rabbit
    Aug 9, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I cannot stand it. Glocks have become the honda civic of handguns. The ricer of the gun world. Everybody with a glock and soldering iron all of sudden decides to melt the plastic and put on gold and silver "upgrades" on their glock. I just buy a better handgun out of the gate so I dont feel the need to bling, melt, or "upgrade".

WE HAVE A WINNER, FOLKS!

Don't get me wrong, I love my Glocks... but this stippling shit is out of control. Oh, and I'm with you on the blinged out additions.

It is your money, do what you will. Live and let live, and all that. I still think it is nothing more than damaging a perfectly good gun.

But hey - "if it does now work, you can always hit him with it."

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Proof that stippling sucks

Attachments

• 11378250_1440336586275065_920311059_n.jpg
      11378250_1440336586275065_920311059_n.jpg
      21.6 KB · Views: 1,286

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown

Glock:
    If it's good enough for the SEALs, Delta Force, Special Forces, MARSOC, the FBI and 65% of US Law Enforcement it's good enough for me.

Mule

Just Mule
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2013
    I'm quite interested in one of the features that Agency Arms includes as part of their slide work service - the "Accelerator Cut."

If you visit Agency's frame page, they have line drawings, pics, and a video describing their work.

They add what's essentially a "shelf" to both sides of the frame, forward of the slide lock and above the front of the trigger guard, which allows your support-hand thumb to apply downward pressure. They do this by removing some material from the frame to create a thumb-friendly contour, then stipple a triangular-ish patch for enhanced purchase.

Here's the video. Accelerator Cut is discussed from 00:13 to 00:45.

So, although it's a combination of shaping and stippling, it's purpose-driven and doesn't detract from the aesthetic too much.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    I agree with you. If someone wants to do it, then it's their property. I consider it damage.

^^^^THIS^^^^

And I've turned down a few pistols, that I otherwise would have bought, due to stippling.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    I'm quite interested in one of the features that Agency Arms includes as part of their slide work service - the "Accelerator Cut."

If you visit Agency's frame page, they have line drawings, pics, and a video describing their work.

They add what's essentially a "shelf" to both sides of the frame, forward of the slide lock and above the front of the trigger guard, which allows your support-hand thumb to apply downward pressure. They do this by removing some material from the frame to create a thumb-friendly contour, then stipple a triangular-ish patch for enhanced purchase.

Here's the video. Accelerator Cut is discussed from 00:13 to 00:45.

So, although it's a combination of shaping and stippling, it's purpose-driven and doesn't detract from the aesthetic too much.

There would have to be aesthetics to begin with, to subtract from them. Don't get me wrong, I own Glocks. They shoot great and have been extremely reliable. But why do people buy them and pour money into them to get them to be better. Melting the grips, all kinds of bling bling gold Zev parts and triggers etc. Why do that when you can get those "better" upgrades out of the box in a superior handgun? I'd rather spend a few hundred extra dollars for a reliable and just as proven handgun, rather than buy a budget pistol like a Glock and end up spending untold hundreds to make it as good as my out of the box other choice? (All while messing with Glocks proven design and sacrificing reliability) I get it, I like to upgrade things too but the Glock has turned into the honda civic of handguns as I've said previously. To each their own I guess.

threegun

Jan 26, 2013
    Westminster
    There would have to be aesthetics to begin with, to subtract from them. Don't get me wrong, I own Glocks. They shoot great and have been extremely reliable. But why do people buy them and pour money into them to get them to be better. Melting the grips, all kinds of bling bling gold Zev parts and triggers etc. Why do that when you can get those "better" upgrades out of the box in a superior handgun? I'd rather spend a few hundred extra dollars for a reliable and just as proven handgun, rather than buy a budget pistol like a Glock and end up spending untold hundreds to make it as good as my out of the box other choice? (All while messing with Glocks proven design and sacrificing reliability) I get it, I like to upgrade things too but the Glock has turned into the honda civic of handguns as I've said previously. To each their own I guess.

I kind of feel the same way about the 10/22, folks rave about it and then change every part on the thing. As you say to each their own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom