• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johny357

Sep 7, 2009
    I am a firm believer in karma; so the following advice should yield me a surprise visit from carmen electra or something. WWW.K-VAR.COM has authentic arsenal ak 47 rifles on sale for $499. This is a no-brainer! These are top of the line, factory new russian rifles for dirt cheap. I strongly suggest, if you have the funds, to purchase one. Pay it forward my friends.

-Johny

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I dont know if I would say amazing now that guns seem to be flowing liberally compared to a couple months ago, but a pretty good price for a Saiga which is a decent quality gun.

THeir price on SLR106's isnt bad either.

Of course with Arsenal you never know if you are going to get a straight sight or somethign worse.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    I would tend to agree with the OP. I just looked at the $499 deal and saw several hundred bucks in parts and labor. Just converting it to the regular gas tube and adding the muzzle break would cost some cash.
    That is a great deal!! Anyone wanting an AK should jump on it.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's my understanding that without substantial mods, the Saiga will not take a standard AK mag. I notice that these come with the Saiga 5-rounder so I'm assuming the needed mod has not been done.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    I am a firm believer in karma; so the following advice should yield me a surprise visit from carmen electra or something. WWW.K-VAR.COM has authentic arsenal ak 47 rifles on sale for $499. This is a no-brainer! These are top of the line, factory new russian rifles for dirt cheap. I strongly suggest, if you have the funds, to purchase one. Pay it forward my friends.

-Johny
    Are you talking about this one?

SGL21-61 $499.00

Also, has anyone ever dealt with this company in the past?

Last edited:

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's my understanding that without substantial mods, the Saiga will not take a standard AK mag. I notice that these come with the Saiga 5-rounder so I'm assuming the needed mod has not been done.
    That's the part that is a drag, that is, the Saiga 5-rounder magazine, if this is indeed fact, and it is not expandable.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County

Pretty easy to fix. The mag release needs just >a hair< shaved off to make it fit. A lot of Saigas need no other mods. Otherwise you need to fab a feed ramp. There are many ways to accomplish this. The cleanest I've found (and the method I used) was the Dinzag bullet guide.
    DO NOT let the mag conversion stop you from getting this AK if you're in the market for one!

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    K-Var is good to go. I've purchased a lot of AK parts from them with no issues.

That is a very good deal. Like posted earlier, the parts alone make it well worth it. If they were dealing the 5.45x39 ones I'd get one...I have enough 7.62x39 AK's and still have 4Romanian kits to assemble. I've got over well over half that amount tied up in each kit and there not even built.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Ive seen these SGL guns they take standard AK mags. Its not a bad deal as long as Aresenal USA didnt fubar the quality.

If they were 5.56 converteds I would be tempted.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    AK's will work with AK and saiga mags.

Unmodified Saigas will work only with Saiga mags.

if it says it'll work with AK mags, it's already modified.

if you're that concerned, it's not too hard to print out a copy of the claim from the website; if it doesn't work with standard mags use that as leverage to get 'em to make it work. ;)

Atlantic has them too; I'm sure someone could probably call them and ask them if they work with standard mags. Atlantic's folks are good people. I didn't understand a few things when I first came out here (like how they can sell 30-round mags being an MD business) but they took the time to explain it to me and remained professional. Big ups to Atlantic. :)

kcd

quickdraw
    Jul 21, 2007
    Fort Washington
    K-Var is good to go. I've purchased a lot of AK parts from them with no issues.

That is a very good deal. Like posted earlier, the parts alone make it well worth it. If they were dealing the 5.45x39 ones I'd get one...I have enough 7.62x39 AK's and still have 4Romanian kits to assemble. I've got over well over half that amount tied up in each kit and there not even built.

Lancaster Arms has some Bulgarian 5.45x39 AK's in the new "Rough Rider" series for $499 now. Lancaster Arms is highly rated and the AK's come with a lifetime warranty.

http://www.lancasterarms.com/NEW%20STANDARD%20RIFLE.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom