• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I just got the quarterly update on the Amazon Smile donation program where you pick a charity and they automatically donate a portion of what you purchase to that charity. You can make a difference

This is the quarterly notification to inform you that AmazonSmile has made a charitable donation to the charity you’ve selected, Second Amendment Foundation, in the amount of $29,464.00 as a result of qualifying purchases made by you and other customers who have selected this charity.

Thanks to customers shopping at smile.amazon.com or using the Amazon app with AmazonSmile ON, everyday purchases make an impact. So far, AmazonSmile has donated:

This is the quarterly notification to inform you that AmazonSmile has made a charitable donation to the charity you’ve selected, Second Amendment Foundation, in the amount of $29,464.00 as a result of qualifying purchases made by you and other customers who have selected this charity.

Thanks to customers shopping at smile.amazon.com or using the Amazon app with AmazonSmile ON, everyday purchases make an impact. So far, AmazonSmile has donated:

$343,739.84 to Second Amendment Foundation*
    Over $334 million to US charities
    Over $377 million to charities worldwide

Visit your AmazonSmile impact page to track donations generated or change your charity.
    Over $334 million to US charities
    Over $377 million to charities worldwide

Visit your AmazonSmile impact page to track donations generated or change your charity.

Link to Amazon Smile:
    https://org.amazon.com/

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    SAF has been my choice for the last couple of years, before that it was Appleseed. Shocked Amazon hasn't eliminated any Pro-2A organizations from the available list of charities.

Benny

Feb 20, 2019
    Amazing. I had no idea this was an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Amazon annually sells (or facilitates the selling of) hundreds of millions of dollars of shooting-related products. Everything but the guns, mags, and ammo. 2A-oriented products are a very non-trivial part of their revenue. If they explicitly canceled SAF or the like, it would come back to haunt them.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    Amazon Smile has been out there for many years, but an occasional reminder to the MDS folks here is probably needed and welcome. There's always new folks, or folks who never heard about it in the first place.

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    smile.amazon.com

Make sure you order from that website instead of regular site.

w2kbr

MSI EM, NRA LM, SAF, AAFG
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 13, 2009
    Severn 21144
    Just checked all that on Smile.Amazon....noted that organ listed is for gun rights/hunting/fishing and is based in CO
    SAF is based on WA.......so same thing???

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    Just checked all that on Smile.Amazon....noted that organ listed is for gun rights/hunting/fishing and is based in CO
    SAF is based on WA.......so same thing???

Huh? What are you looking at? Here is what I see on smile.amazon.com when I logged in and checked what I chose for donation:

Second Amendment Foundation
    Mission:Education In Support Of Second Amendment Rights

Programs:Legal Action In Defense Of Gun Owners, Including Constitutional Challenge Of Laws In The Courts. (Excluding Legal Service Performed Pro Bono)., Public Education In Support Of Gun Rights, Including The Education Of The Public With Regards To The Bill Of Rights, The Constitution And The Involvement Of Fire Arms In Crime Prevention.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    I've also had my Amazon smile donations earmarked for SAF for a few years now. I wish Midway would offer to let their "roundup" donation scheme also be directed at SAF and GOA rather than NRA.

Jakers07

MDS Supporter
    Mar 9, 2021
    I've also had my Amazon smile donations earmarked for SAF for a few years now. I wish Midway would offer to let their "roundup" donation scheme also be directed at SAF and GOA rather than NRA.

So are we basically done with NRA and WLP? Maybe just my ignorance on national 2a advocacy but what do they do for us? Im tired of seeing their spam promos for donations but nothing else from them in the way of 2a support. I would love to see some news on something significant.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I have as well and I agree!

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Bump.

Received Amazon's quarterly charitable donation e-mail today.

This is the quarterly notification to inform you that AmazonSmile has made a charitable donation to the charity you’ve selected, Second Amendment Foundation, in the amount of $25,842.66 as a result of qualifying purchases made by you and other customers between January 1st-March 31st.

Thanks to customers shopping at smile.amazon.com or using the Amazon app with AmazonSmile turned ON, everyday purchases make an impact. So far, AmazonSmile has donated:

• $369,582.50 to Second Amendment Foundation*
    • Over $355 million to US charities
    • Over $403 million to charities worldwide

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    So are we basically done with NRA and WLP? Maybe just my ignorance on national 2a advocacy but what do they do for us? Im tired of seeing their spam promos for donations but nothing else from them in the way of 2a support. I would love to see some news on something significant.
    Nothing from me until they sort the WLP/TopheavyBoD mess.

NRA PVF or ILA is probably worth a donation, if only to keep the fence-sitters in office nervous. But I'll put my money elsewhere for the present.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom