• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave67

Oct 31, 2012
    I been on Gun Broker trying to get some 9mm ammo. I now, see on a lot of the listing that MD has been added to no ship states. Even MD seller will not ship to Montgomery County. Did I miss something?

MessedUpMike

Jan 29, 2011
    Paranoia mostly. The amount of money spent trying to get out of a legal bind caused by the scitzophrenic set of laws in Maryland is worth far more than one or two sales here

scottymd

Mar 2, 2013
    MoCo Ag zone
    There are a handful that won't but plenty that still do so I will spend my money with them. I have written emails and called several of them and have yet to get an answer on why. They just ignore the calls and messages. I will spend my money elsewhere. PSA and Sportsman's Warehouse were two that denied me.

SergeantEvil

Jul 9, 2012
    Magpul will not ship 20 round pmags to MD. They say because they will actually hold 21. It is even on their website.

scottymd

Mar 2, 2013
    MoCo Ag zone
    I haven't found any law that says no shipping of Ammo to Montgomery County and I get it from Cabelas, Natchez, Gander Mountain and many others all of the time. I have heard something about an old law but haven't found anything in writing.

scottymd

Mar 2, 2013
    MoCo Ag zone
    I bought a Kel Tec on Gun Broker and initially the listing said no shipping to MD. I contacted him and cleared it up and then made the purchase. Many sellers on Gun Broker aren't everyday sellers across the United States and don't know better. We are getting a bad reputation because of our legislators.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Doesnt MOCO have some mailorder ammo ban?

I haven't found any law that says no shipping of Ammo to Montgomery County and I get it from Cabelas, Natchez, Gander Mountain and many others all of the time. I have heard something about an old law but haven't found anything in writing.

This is an example what happens when liberals can't have their way. They don't care, won't listen, and proceed anyway:

MoCo DID try to pass their own law banning ammo sales, in violation of Maryland's laws. It was slapped down quickly and correctly as illegal, because Maryland doesn't allow local jurisdictions to override state law, on firearms laws. The BATF book they distribute to all FFL's even notes that this law is illegal/unenforceable - they simply have to open the damned book and read it for themselves.

So anybody who refuses to sell ammo to any part of Maryland is simply lazy, dumb, or some combination thereof.

Echo

Troublemaker
    Oct 31, 2012
    Annapolis
    I posted about this awhile ago from some research I did because I was having the same problem in Annapolis but the only thing I found on it was the Montgomery County law that was struck down. The City of Annapolis tried but their law was never put in place so there's no section to reference or challange.
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=2071988&postcount=23

For Montgomery County:

Sec. 57-12. Sale of fixed ammunition.

Editor’s note--The above section was held to be invalid by the Court of Appeals in Montgomery County, Maryland, et al. v. Atlantic Gunds, Inc., et al., 302 Md. 540, 489 A.2d 1114 (1985). The above section is interpreted in Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission v. Elgin, 53 Md.App. 452, 454 A.2d 408 (1983).

Source: http://www.amlegal.com/nxt/gateway.dll?f=templates&fn=default.htm&vid=amlegal:montgomeryco_md_mc

scottymd

Mar 2, 2013
    MoCo Ag zone
    Thanks Echo, I looked before and couldn't find it. It is just a pain in the ass because several of the places that have had reasonable ammo lately are following this.

Alex

Jan 19, 2013
    Montgomery County
    There are a handful that won't but plenty that still do so I will spend my money with them. I have written emails and called several of them and have yet to get an answer on why. They just ignore the calls and messages. I will spend my money elsewhere. PSA and Sportsman's Warehouse were two that denied me.

That's strange, I'm in Montgomery County and have ordered and received without issue multiple times from both of these retailers. I actually thought both, and PSA in particular were some of the better options out there during the current madness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom