• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Capitalism being what it is...and I am a capitalist...it's not unusual for them to take advantage of a tense situation even though they had no part in creating it.

As I've heard said..."A businessman will sell his own hangman the rope".

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    Has anyone seen an increase in demand for plutonium and fissionable uranium?

(Glad I stocked up when it was cheap.)
    dnn.JPG

you mean like this?

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    “… however if order volume continues to overwhelm the warehouse crew's capacity to fill orders over the next few days we will have to make choices on how we reduce volume, which could involve increasing prices 5% to 10%, …”

Sounds like SGAmmo’s answer to their warehouse workers being overworked by increased orders, is to raise prices to deter people from ordering. Doesn’t sound like a good business practice to me. Doesn’t say they have a shortage of supply.

SGAmmo’s notice seems a bit over the top and more like a tactic trying to scare folks into buying bulk.

Last edited:

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Sounds like SGAmmo’s answer to their warehouse workers being overworked by increased orders, is to raise prices to deter people from ordering. Doesn’t sound like a good business practice to me. Doesn’t say they have a shortage of supply.

SGAmmo’s notice seems a bit over the top and more like a tactic trying to scare folks into buying bulk.
    I buy from them frequently but never based on what Sam is saying. I just buy based on their prices and my needs/wants.

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    I ordered a few things. I think if "nothing happens" here at home, prices will remain where they are.
    If "something happens" domestically, all bets are off.

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    I buy from them frequently but never based on what Sam is saying. I just buy based on their prices and my needs/wants.
    I buy from them occasionally, if they have the best price for the brand I shoot.

Even though they have free shipping for orders over $200, taxes often make them more expensive than others for what I shoot.

I read the whole dissertation from SGAmmo in my email and it really does read like a sales gimmick to create the panic situation he is describing, to drive up his sales and cause folks to ignore the price.

[edited for typo]

Last edited:

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    I just received 2 e-mail stating Winchester/Lake City has ceased all commercial sales. Decided to check my go to Sam Gabbert and see this:

Due to extremely high order volume over the past 6 days, we are only accepting new orders for a very small selection of products, and all other products have been temporarily removed from the website. We currently have a backlog of over 12,000 orders, which is 4 to 5 days worth of work for the warehouse crew to pick, check, pack and ship. We will be offering limited selections for the next few days, and a more complete inventory after that. Orders placed at this time may take up to 7 days to be shipped out.

outrider58

Loves Red Balloons
    MDS Supporter
    I just received 2 e-mail stating Winchester/Lake City has ceased all commercial sales. Decided to check my go to Sam Gabbert and see this:

Due to extremely high order volume over the past 6 days, we are only accepting new orders for a very small selection of products, and all other products have been temporarily removed from the website. We currently have a backlog of over 12,000 orders, which is 4 to 5 days worth of work for the warehouse crew to pick, check, pack and ship. We will be offering limited selections for the next few days, and a more complete inventory after that. Orders placed at this time may take up to 7 days to be shipped out.
    This really seems like a man-made emergency, meaning, a panic buy.

Here we go again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom