• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dthlss1

Aug 11, 2012
    I'm not familiar with the area but, where's the best (e.g. cost effective) place to buy .40 S&W? I'm just looking for the average Winchester white box paper punchers. I've only ever owned 9mm since I've turned 21 so I'm not sure if $20.00 is average for a 50 rd. box or if Outdoor World is overpriced.

Thanks in advance!

j

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Depends on which store has what on sale in any given week. Plenty of box stores locally to choose from. There are industry partners on this forum with great ammo prices. Endless options online if you want quanitity. Just call around and ask if you know exactly what you want. Or go for a drive.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Check the Industry Partner section and find a shop nearby. Ask them what the cash price for ammo would be. Some shops will give you a discount if you walk in with cash.

If you can't find what you want locally, try AIM Surplus. They have PMC Bronze 165gr FMJ for $14.50 if you buy a case. (20 boxes)

kagemusha

May 8, 2012
    Baltimore City
    AIM surplus is good, but I also check SGA. Sometimes they have really good deals. Just recently bought a case of Aguila 9mm for $198. Shipping was $16. I don't remember that they had for .40.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PvtHike

Jul 24, 2012
    Wal-Mart had the 180 gr Fed Champion for $17 a box last time I was there. Other than that, SGA. Depending on what and how much you buy it'll work out a little cheaper even with shipping.

dthlss1

Aug 11, 2012
    Wal-mart - Winchester White Box 165 gr. FMJ 100 round, cheaper than on the Internet.

This is what I ended up going with. I was looking online and I found some decent prices but I need a same-day solution.

This is how it turned out for me yesterday... Any tips on how I can improve?

DH73G.jpg

NY Transplant

Wabbit Season/Duck Season
    Apr 2, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    This is what I ended up going with. I was looking online and I found some decent prices but I need a same-day solution.

This is how it turned out for me yesterday... Any tips on how I can improve?

Improve? Start with practice, practice, practice. You should find better groups as time goes on.

How far away were you shooting? As balttigger says, practice practice practice.

One thing that has helped me was getting a 22 lr conversion for my Glock 22/35 (the Advantage Arms conversion kit is very good). After a few hundred rounds of 22 lr, took the conversion slide off and but the regular slide with the 40 S&W barrel. Noticed that my groups at 10 yards with the Glock 35 improved quite a bit. Only shot 50 rounds of 40 S&W that day but it took less then that to see the difference. Before I got the 22 lr conversion kit, I would usually go through 200 to 300 rounds a range trip.

capman98

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2011
    Mt. Airy maryland
    WHY ON EARTH WOULD WANT TO BUY AMMO IN .40?? SEEMS LIKE A WASTE WHEN THE ONLY CALIBER OUT THERE IS .45.......:sad20:

as stated before ptactice. where are you placing your off hand? i found my groups stay tighter and do not lift when I keep my off hand around the front of the trigger guard rather than on the bottom of the grip/under my trigger hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom