• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longgunnewb

Textbook Libertarian
    Feb 23, 2013
    Indianapolis
    My wife is a pharmacist with one of the CVS stores in Annapolis. Some of the things that she tells me when she gets home is absolutely insane. The worst part is they are stuck being the middle man in between not only the customer and their doctor but also the customer and their insurance company.

They had a woman call in Saturday morning at 4:30am and she left a voicemail saying that she had been shorted 7 Oxycodone (if you don't know what it is then look it up lol). The pharmacist on staff called her back immediately and of course no one answered. She calls back in later that afternoon and starts screaming at my wife about how she was shorted. My wife asks if the quantity on the bottle is circled and to which she replied "yes". She then asks if there are initials on the bottle and she says "yes". My wife proceeds to tell her that she is the one that counted her prescription and she triple checks all counts on narcotics. The woman starts screaming at her for this and tells her that she is wrong and she is going to call the Maryland Board of Pharmacy and CVS Corporate on her and slams the phone down. :sad20:

The best though is when she tells me about the Maryland Medicaid patients that want to know why Maryland Medicaid isn't paying for their medication. Why should they have to pay the $3.00 co-pay? Her typical response is "Well, if you didn't have Maryland Medicaid and wanted to pay out of pocket it would be about $300". I told her to offer to pay the $3.00 because her taxes paid for the rest of it anyway. I really hope she doesn't listen to me on that one though ;)

If she tells me any good ones when she gets home I will be sure to post it.

Edit: Be nice to your Pharmacists and their technicians, you might need them to save your life at some point by making sure your meds don't kill you.

mark71211

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2012
    Edgewater
    That's all of retail. I have been doing for close to 20 years now and the stuff people say and do are just shocking.

Jan 9, 2012
    Hoco
    MY girlfriend is a pharmacy tech. The stories really are insane. I always tell her they should hire me part time just to deal with the crazies. Most of them are incredibly unintelligent and you could have an awesome time screwing with them.

longgunnewb

Textbook Libertarian
    Feb 23, 2013
    Indianapolis
    One of the other pharmacists at her store does low level pro MMA fighting. Apparently a male customer was being a complete dick to one of the female techs. He stepped in to try and deal with the guy and the customer flipped out on him. From what she told me they were nose to nose over the counter and the pharmacist dared him to come over the counter. He kept calling him "tough guy" egging it on :lol2: I'm not saying it was right or professional for him to do it but some people can only be pushed so far.

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    I sent too many over night weekend shifts working in an Emergency Room. Drugs and idiots equal stories that the government has past laws against me telling their stories. Dam HIPPA laws.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    My wife is also a pharmacist and she deals with some insane stuff too. One customer was banned from the store after he threatened to wait outside for her. The cops were also called about the incident and it turns out that the low life had been charged with assault a couple weeks before this incident. This was all over narcotics.

I will agree that retail is tough. I worked in food service while I was in college. However, there is a difference between a guy jonesing for a hot dog and a guy that needs his next oxy fix. Not to mention what some of this stuff costs. My wife deals with a lot of idiots that do not want to pay for meds that are not covered by their insurance. She had one for some insanely expensive acne medication. She told the woman to call her doctor and ask for something similar, but much less expensive. I think the woman shelled out something like $300 for it. A week later she came back with some BS excuse and tried to return it. My wife refused, but the the store manager went ahead and approved it.

She had the same thing happen with a doctor customer during a flu season a couple years ago. They wanted TamaFlu for their kids and it was expensive. There was a serious issue with flu at the time, so they shelled out the money. My wife warned them that once she mixed the stuff, they could not return it. Guess what, they ended up returning it. This was a doctor no less. Believe the husband and wife were both doctors and the husband's father was a pediatrician too.

People want to take their frustration out on the bearer of the bad news, not understanding that the pharmacist is doing everything he/she can to actually help them out and get them the right drugs at the lowest cost to them.

Pharmacists have almost as much crap fed to them as Judges during traffic court and low level criminal cases. Difference is, the Judge gets to throw the morons in jail.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    The woman's accusation would never had been if her prescription were an antibiotic or any non narcotic.

sent from somewhere in the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom