• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Houndkeeper

Gardez Bien
    Until that glorious day when MD lets us carry, I can only prepare for it or The End, which ever comes first.
    quasimodo.gif

So, what are your ankle holster recommendations for a Bersa .380? If not for the actually holster but how about manufacturer quality.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    any reason in particular for wanting an ankle holster? Is this for backup or primary carry?

As far as ankle holsters go, the desantis Apache is simple and relatively inexpensive,
    http://www.desantisholster.com/062.html

the galco cop band adds a retension strap
    http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPG3.asp?ProductID=1539&GunID=296

thing is in my experience, ankle holsters are a royal pain, they print quite a bit (rely on location more for concealment), are slow to draw, and beat your ankle up, add to this the shape and size of the bersa, and you may be better served by a pocket holster, off body holster(handbag holster) or a crossdraw backup holster. the best setup would probably be a strong side holster for the M&P, and a pocket, or crossdraw holster for the thunder if you want a backup. Or M&P only, and a mag pouch in winter, and the bersa in a strong side holster for summer only.

Last edited:

Houndkeeper

Gardez Bien
    Ah, good to know about the comfort, or lack there of, Alucard. If it is The End we are talking about I would qualify this piece as a back up. If we ever get to carry, this would be a primary. I live in rurally and when hubby is out of town I would like to carry (my property) when taking the trash out.....especially since it is a few minute walk.

As I am often in a sweatshirt or layered flannel, I had thought that perhaps a shoulder cross draw may work.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Ah, good to know about the comfort, or lack there of, Alucard. If it is The End we are talking about I would qualify this piece as a back up. If we ever get to carry, this would be a primary. I live in rurally and when hubby is out of town I would like to carry (my property) when taking the trash out.....especially since it is a few minute walk.

As I am often in a sweatshirt or layered flannel, I had thought that perhaps a shoulder cross draw may work.

As far as holsters go you are best served by the most comfortable holster that offers the fastest draw, from there, you compromise based on concealment needs, and budget. For a primary weapon the best would be a pancake or duty OWB (outside waist band), then you get into IWB (inside waist band), then "alternate carry", either a shoulder rig, pocket holster, ankle holster or concealment garment.

A good shoulder rig will be expensive, and time consuming to set up and adjust, and a bersa negates their largest advantage, and that is concealing a large pistol, and makes their largest drawback of speed and long reach to the weapon. however any holster takes a good bit of practice to become proficient with, and break in. Eventually you will end up going through a few holsters before you find "the one" that fits you best.

this is a good resource on the various holstertypes:
    http://www.expertvillage.com/video/29752_guns-holster-types.htm

However, if it is TEOTWAWKI, SHTF, or zombies, my primary carry peice will be slung over my shoulder;)

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Derrrr......I know what SHTF, but...........WTF is "TEOTWAWKI":o

The End Of The World As We Know It.

As for the holster, I'm with Alucard on this one. An Ankle holster to me is for last ditch only. It requires you to squat down which means you're not moving in a productive fashion in relation to your attacker. Also, I realize you have some martial arts background, so you may be better trained than most, but most people in that position are going to look down, and you just took your eyes off the threat at a critcal time. I like my gun on my hip, near my strong hand, ready to move.

Last edited:

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    It's a crazy survivalist term. Think unibomber.

Hey now, don't out me like that, we all know who watches these boards. If the black helicopters come to take me to the secret re-education camp under Yankee stadium, I'm taking you with me:D

there are several acronyms those in the know use;):

WWZ= World War Z (zombie apocalypse)

TFOWC=The Fall of Western Civilization

DRCIIOW=Dirty Russian Commie Invasion, Initialize Operation Wolverines

OSAGWR = Oh S#!t Al Gore Was Right (global warming related disaster)

HMBWT=hold my beer, Watch This

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom