• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KevOswald

Mar 30, 2012
    I was in line @ 9 and out by 10. There were two (?) handgun tables that were swamped and lots of knives. Echo is right. Everything as way overpriced.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Last time I went there were NO MAGAZINES at all, like 2 full ar's and a bunch of overpriced pistols.. Maybe I'll go sell some stuff there out of the trunk of my car and backpack, then head over to the Nations Gun Show to buy some stuff. :)

Major crowd this morning!

Lots of AR mags at one table, 10 and 20rd

Look out for the huge protest, though... Ok, so it's just 3 folks... but a couple could use to miss a meal...

Dirichlet

Jan 3, 2013
    I stopped by around 11am. The place was fairly packed, not many firearms for sale, WAY over-priced ammo (e.g., $27 for 20rd Independence 5.56). I was there to shop for optics and grab a new gun bag. I found the bag I was looking for, but wasn't impressed with the selection of reflex sights available. Oh, well - batting .500 isn't too bad.

BunkerKing

5.56 ammo horder. . .
    Jun 5, 2012
    Land of the O's
    bought a tin of 54R to feed the mosin. was very packed though, could se much on the table with all the window shoppers and hipsters adding to their wishlist. but it was something to do. and they guy in the back selling solar lights was getting a little annoying while i was stuck standing there for a few minutes.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    It was like being packed into a sardine can the whole time I was there, many isles were so packed I couldn't even attempt to walk down them. I've never seen a gun show so packed before all because of our insane governor and president, apparently they have been able to create a mass buying frenzy by pushing their stupid new gun infringements. The 3 protestors were fun to yell at though.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    i will have a chinese and a russian sks at the show tomorrow.

Just5Guy

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Carroll Co.
    Ah yes, forgot about the protesters, all 3 of them, one of which was trying to tell me that I can't love the 6 month old I was carrying while supporting gun ownership. Check the paper tomorrow for the headline "Massive protest at area Gun Show"

squirrelly1

Sep 10, 2012
    I may go tomorrow. Thanks about the protester warning. I'll bring eggs! Got a SKS I may walk around with to support the new AR's I have to get uppers for and feed... 2K for my SKS? Hey everythings overpriced right? Bargain?

kingfish

Jan 15, 2008
    I stopped by around 1pm just because I was driving past. I found parking wasily and walked right in, no line.
    I was shocked at how jacked up the prices were ON TOP OF THIS ALREADY INFLATED MARKET. One JACKASS dealer had several used plastic beef jerky containers (still with the original jerky label stuck on), had them packed with .22LR, probably about 1200 rnds or so by my guess, and he wanted..........$100!!!!!! For old shit .22LR, $100. Even average hunting rifles were over the top. It seemed the place was like wolves VS sheep. The patrons at the show, as for what I saw, seemed to have just fallen off the turnip truck and the "wolve" dealers were making out like bandits. One of the things I saw: One man next to me "Do you have any luger bullets?", the response: "yea $30".
    I'd be damned if I was going to spend a penny of my money in there that day. I'll never return to that show after what I saw.

Just5Guy

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Carroll Co.
    One JACKASS dealer had several used plastic beef jerky containers (still with the original jerky label stuck on), had them packed with .22LR, probably about 1200 rnds or so by my guess, and he wanted..........$100!!!!!! For old shit .22LR, $100. .

Yeah, I told my wife I might give him $100 for ALL of the jars (he had 5 or 6), but he's nut's asking $100 for one.

DoormanTNT

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Was workin right around corner from there.
    Went at 8:45, could barely get down road. Saw the line from gate at road around to front door. Left and came back at bout 10:15. Found parking after about 20 mins. Was about 25 in line to get in. once inside literally could not get down the isles. Saw about 1/3 of the little bitty room in 35 mins.

Decided it was time to leave when Mr "sideways hat with pants fallin down" LOUDLY proclaimed "WHICH YOU MEAN I GOTTA WAIT? I THOUGHT THERE WAS SOME LOOPHOLE OR $HIT!"

Yeah had to get out of there. Was gonna stop to "talk" with the 3 protestors but decided against it. LOL

Short version.....small, PACKED and overpriced.

Infantry

Feb 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    I got there after 1pm and it was still busy with somewhat jammed aisles. Yes, prices were high especially for ammo but overall it is in line with the demand out there. As others said, this is fueled by new buyers that know little about what came before them. My hope is that the ammo prices I saw are not the new normal. I am not buying right now and am waiting until things hopefully cool off.

I saw 400 plus round green tip in ammo cans for $399 that was $175 right before the election. There should still be some there tomorrow. Be prepared to pay with cash only.

7.62x39mm was there in abundance but the prices ranged from $10 per 20 round box to $18. Wal Mart used to sell those for $5 recently.

There were no primers left by the time I got there but they still had powder.

One bright spot it that the black powder guns are starting to look appealing to me now. This probably is what our future in Maryland holds if you want to defend yourself.

AR mags were there as mentioned before. Some guy had used glock 23 mags for $30 so it wasn't that hateful to see that kind of price. A new spring would bring them back to life. They looked like police turn-ins.

I'm actually pleased that so many panic buyers are out there ginning up sales and the total number of guns in circulation. These people may widen the base of support for gun rights so anything we can do to keep it going works for me. I'll take a little inconvenience in this manner than the one the state and federal political hacks have in mind.

As a final note, if the vendors are successful with sales then at least the hope is that it will justify their continued presence at this location even if it is a small show.

I may go again tomorrow just to enjoy the throng and soak up the mood of disobedience to the gun grabbers wishes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom