• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

vector03

Frustrated Incorporated
    Jan 7, 2009
    Columbia
    There are other reasons than emergencies to not attend. Lets not bash people who couldnt come especially because it was a changed date. Things happen and sometimes you just cant make it.

Agreed. Normally I can not be out of the office the first week of a given month...just part of my job. Luckily, my boss didn't think it was a bad idea to go and granted me a half day off. Won't be able to do that on the 5th...hopefully those that weren't available this go around will be on the 5th.

Les Gawlik

Ultimate Member
    Apr 2, 2009
    We didn't win yesterday, but we didn't lose, either. If no one had shown up, it would have been over. The Froshies would have rightly concluded there was no significant opposition, and rammed this monstrosity through. It would have been finished.

The battle has been joined. We have shown we will not be routed. But we have by no means won. We must meet their resistance and overcome. Our weapons are letters, emails, telephone calls and personal appearance. There isn't one of us who can't contribute in one way or another. Make no mistake, this is the biggest battle for Liberty some of us will see in our lifetime.

I was re-reading the Maryland Declaration of Rights last night. Many states have something similar, written at or about the time of the US Constitution. Most other states track the Bill of Rights line by line, and often include 2A provisions as strong or stronger than the Second Amendment itself. Maryland's DOR is conspicuously silent on the point, and I think in the legal wrangling in the future this will not go unnoticed. It is up to us, now, to let our state know what we think.

Sportstud4891

Resident SMIB
    Jun 7, 2011
    Chuck County
    Not sure why some of you are taking offense to the OP. If you didn't have a GOOD reason not to go other than the inconvenience of traveling to Annapolis on a workday then shame on you. For those of you that have to work to provide for your family or were sick or had medical stuff to deal with, or so on and so forth, nobody is judging you. Do what you can to help out the cause; email, call and write letters. I believe the OP was directed at those people who didn't go simply because they think they've "done enough" or decided that Wednesday doesn't really work for them.

On a side note, I plan on calling my Senator and the Senate President Mike Miller and let them know how I feel about the way the hearing was run. I'm not sure it will do any good but it is the only recourse I have. Maybe next time we can make sure that they will let all of us speak. Kind of like a citizen's filibuster!

monkey

B-A-N-A-N-A-S!
    Feb 20, 2012
    Monkey County
    "Every post is honorable in which a man can serve his country" - George Washington

Any contribution in this effort was appreciated. You could have donated financially to the cause, attended in Annapolis, posted on the forum to help those on smart phones, organized a carpool, printed signs, wrote letters/called their representatives ahead of time, or a number of other things. It all helped towards the big picture.

Last edited:

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    I was not able to go to Annapolis yesterday, for work and medical reasons.

Maybe I shoulda gone, but, I really didn't expect or appreciate the ration of _ _ _ _ (excrement) that I got from another forum member, here (who will remain nameless).

We all have our reasons for doing/not doing something, and IF someone can't do something that most everyone else can, they shouldn't be berated (in front of other people)!!!!!
    Sorry. . . . my opinion of this person went down about 3 feet.

This person knows who they are. . . . . I introduced myself using my screen-name, last night.

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    Not sure why some of you are taking offense to the OP. If you didn't have a GOOD reason not to go other than the inconvenience of traveling to Annapolis on a workday then shame on you. For those of you that have to work to provide for your family or were sick or had medical stuff to deal with, or so on and so forth, nobody is judging you. Do what you can to help out the cause; email, call and write letters. I believe the OP was directed at those people who didn't go simply because they think they've "done enough" or decided that Wednesday doesn't really work for them.

On a side note, I plan on calling my Senator and the Senate President Mike Miller and let them know how I feel about the way the hearing was run. I'm not sure it will do any good but it is the only recourse I have. Maybe next time we can make sure that they will let all of us speak. Kind of like a citizen's filibuster!

Exactly, for every MD gun owner that could not make it yesterday for legitimate reasons there are probably 5 that could have made it with very little effort. There were many that spent upwards to 14 hours there yesterday. My son and I pulled into the parking garage at 8:30 AM and pulled out at 9:30 PM.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Exactly, for every MD gun owner that could not make it yesterday for legitimate reasons there are probably 5 that could have made it with very little effort. There were many that spent upwards to 14 hours there yesterday. My son and I pulled into the parking garage at 8:30 AM and pulled out at 9:30 PM.

Thanks for coming out and staying. We made a great impression yesterday. Maybe we can get more out next time.

Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE
    Many that wanted to be there couldn't. My daughter was. I had committments. I have found that at my age (over 60), encouragement and patience work better than abject criticism. I understand your emotions and your context, and I have participated as best I can for yesterday as have many, many others. Check out my FB post on WJZ, for one. Not to mention the many letters using the AGC tool. Etc. Etc. I am just saying that to remain energized and continue to grow our purpose, calling out others using terms like "inconvenience and expense" not being worthy excuses may be counter-productive. And again, heartfelt thanks to all who made it down and represented us with such clarity and purpose.

Blackhawk

Jun 22, 2005
    Pasadena, Hunters Estates
    I was not able to go to Annapolis yesterday, for work and medical reasons.

Maybe I shoulda gone, but, I really didn't expect or appreciate the ration of _ _ _ _ (excrement) that I got from another forum member, here (who will remain nameless).

We all have our reasons for doing/not doing something, and IF someone can't do something that most everyone else can, they shouldn't be berated (in front of other people)!!!!!
    Sorry. . . . my opinion of this person went down about 3 feet.

This person knows who they are. . . . . I introduced myself using my screen-name, last night.

We do not need to start fighting with one another. You either could be there or not. Many were and that is good. Those that couldn't can still contribute. As long as you contribute to the fight in someway you are doing good. If we turn inward and start fighting we're defeating ourselves. So stop it.

I know low post count and all... But we need not fight with one another. We should be encouraging those that are sitting on the sidelines to help fight. We'll never get them to commit to fight with us if we start slamming them.

GoldenRing

Dec 19, 2012
    I was truly happy when I heard on facebook that the turnout was so good. I could get all warm and mushy talking about how thankful I am for the people who turned out. You guys seriously ROCK! If I was a millionaire ide be handing out $100 bill's, unfortunately I can barely afford to leave a forum comment. anway thanks A MILLION!!!!!!!!!

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    Thanks for coming out and staying. We made a great impression yesterday. Maybe we can get more out next time.

Actually we should be thanking you.....your testimony was worth many times more than what mine would have been.

The MSI really should be rounding up the 15 year old girl that spoke toward the end.....she was very well spoken.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Actually we should be thanking you.....your testimony was worth many times more than what mine would have been.

The MSI really should be rounding up the 15 year old girl that spoke toward the end.....she was very well spoken.

I think that young lady may turn up again. esqappellatte and I spoke with her for a while before her testimony. She was a joy to talk to, and apparently a dead-eye with an AR. :thumbsup:

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    We do not need to start fighting with one another. You either could be there or not. Many were and that is good. Those that couldn't can still contribute. As long as you contribute to the fight in someway you are doing good. If we turn inward and start fighting we're defeating ourselves. So stop it.

I know low post count and all... But we need not fight with one another. We should be encouraging those that are sitting on the sidelines to help fight. We'll never get them to commit to fight with us if we start slamming them.

I don't think anyone is slamming them.....just lamenting how much larger the turn out could have been....I personally know I can rattle off the names of 6 folks that I know are AR owners, are not members of this forum or any other 2A group...they will just go with the flow not realizing there is a waterfall they are going to go over at the end.

LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    Standing in line for 6 hours to sign up to to testify, while knowing full well that I would never get a chance to say a word felt like a sit-in stand-in protest.

Exactly....the look on the governor's face when he first walked out into that hallway was priceless.

I wondered if we had all decided to rush him if he would have thought 10 round mag limits for his security detail would have been a good idea......

Blackhawk

Jun 22, 2005
    Pasadena, Hunters Estates
    I don't think anyone is slamming them.....just lamenting how much larger the turn out could have been....I personally know I can rattle off the names of 6 folks that I know are AR owners, are not members of this forum or any other 2A group...they will just go with the flow not realizing there is a waterfall they are going to go over at the end.

The one I quoted claimed they had been given a ration of excrement for not going. I would hope that is not the norm.

I've been trying like crazy to get a couple people I work with to give up their time and go to the rallies and hearings. It can be frustrating but if we start dishing out excrement for not going, others will hear that and it reflects on us all.

I agree though, it is maddening trying to get others to quit going with the flow and start paying attention.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Exactly....the look on the governor's face when he first walked out into that hallway was priceless.

I wondered if we had all decided to rush him if he would have thought 10 round mag limits for his security detail would have been a good idea......

:lol: He's fine with the police and military having high-capacity clip magazines and assault weapons.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom