• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    As you all may know I do not like shopping at Bass Pro unless I really feel I have to. Bow season opens this Saturday and I needed to buy a new climber. So today I was down to my last resort and went to Bass Pro to find one. I found 2 there that I liked, a Loggy Bayou Mega Transformer ($250) and a Mega Transformer Pro Staff ($300). I sucked it up an went with the $250 one. I went to the checkout and the guy rang it up as $220, right on $30 off. He told me to go around back to the warehouse and pick it up. I did so and made my way home. As I got home I realized the dumbass actually gave me the Pro Staff $300 one!!! Cant beat that.

This is the second time I got one over on Bass Pro. Last time I bought a bow they didnt have the one I wanted so they gave me 20% off and 6 months no payments on it.

I usually hate shopping there, but damn have I had some good luck with them from time to time. :party29:

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    Some dark clouds have silver linings, eh?

I can never seem to catch a break there.

Although I will say that the last time I was there buying ammo (slugs at $1.89/box!) one of the employees was extremely polite and helpful.

slayr15

Avtomat Klashnikov Member
    :cool:i would have taken it back and made them aware of ther mistake :D stuff like that never happens to me:mad54: . congrats on the new climber though. i have been using a cabellas climber for about 6 years now and will probley upgrade soon mines like 30 lbs and is a beast to lug through the woods.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    F Bass Pro...that place sucks and no matter how good the deal is I will no longer sacrifice my principles to save a few bucks (no pun intended).

I don't blame folks for shopping there but I cannot in good faith go there anymore because of all of the bad experiences I've had there and their policies on firearms.

We live in a day and age where the only thing that matters and the only way to make your point is to vote with your dollars.

xtreme43s10

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2007
    maryland, in Mont county
    As you all may know I do not like shopping at Bass Pro unless I really feel I have to. Bow season opens this Saturday and I needed to buy a new climber. So today I was down to my last resort and went to Bass Pro to find one. I found 2 there that I liked, a Loggy Bayou Mega Transformer ($250) and a Mega Transformer Pro Staff ($300). I sucked it up an went with the $250 one. I went to the checkout and the guy rang it up as $220, right on $30 off. He told me to go around back to the warehouse and pick it up. I did so and made my way home. As I got home I realized the dumbass actually gave me the Pro Staff $300 one!!! Cant beat that.

This is the second time I got one over on Bass Pro. Last time I bought a bow they didnt have the one I wanted so they gave me 20% off and 6 months no payments on it.

I usually hate shopping there, but damn have I had some good luck with them from time to time. :party29:

that's awsome, did you ever find a place to bow hunt ?

trapture

Surplus Rifle Lover
    Apr 27, 2007
    Dundalk-Ish
    If you have never hunted in PA becarefull of their Hunting Regulations. Its suppose to be really wierd in a lot of places.

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    Came home today and found I had a "Rewards" mag from Bass Pro with a few coupons it it. I saw one for 10% off next purchase and a $5 off coupon for broadheads, and burried in my wallet was an old merchandise card for $10.50, so what did I do? Went right back up there with my treestand receipt and got another $33 off. New grand total, $187 for a $300 stand :party29: Ill glady give them the shaft any time I can.

Now why I still hate Bass Pro:

You can only use one coupon at a time :mad54:
    I had one for $10 off which would have made it $177
    Instead I bought some other stuff with the money I saved. They had broadheads on sale for $20 that are usually $30 and of course I had a $5 off coupon for a pack of those. So they only cost $15. Right on! But since I used that coupon I couldnt use my $10 off one which I still have it and probably wont use it.

All in all Bass Pro still sucks, but I sure as hell got some good deals there this past week. :D

Rednekrebel

Apr 9, 2007
    Edgemere
    nick, you are a complete a*hole, always got some lucky horseshoe up your a$$. Now when i go buy that treestand, and try to get the deal you did. Their gonna end up giving me the right one, because when the lil guys in the back did inventory, they saw the wrong treestands were missing. Thanks!!! lol

Adams74Chevy

Hits broadsides of barns
    Oct 3, 2007
    Carroll Co.
    Been to Bass Pro Shops twice...first time just wondered around at my own pace didn't buy much but alright experience, then the second time coming back from Ocean City with my wife and our 6 yr old nephew and 2 yr old neice. We figured we'd stop in and let the kids strech their legs, visit the restrooms and see the aquarium...well they had at least a dozen people in the main isles trying to sell "outdoors" vactions and they kept bugging us the entire time we walked around. The kids did at least enjoy the aquarium (nothing like hearing a 2yr old little girl go "Whoa!" and grin ear to ear when the big ass catfish swam right up in front of her). So needless to say I don't plan to waste at least half my day to go there unless I have to be in the area for something else.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    Been to Bass Pro Shops twice...first time just wondered around at my own pace didn't buy much but alright experience, then the second time coming back from Ocean City with my wife and our 6 yr old nephew and 2 yr old neice. We figured we'd stop in and let the kids strech their legs, visit the restrooms and see the aquarium...well they had at least a dozen people in the main isles trying to sell "outdoors" vactions and they kept bugging us the entire time we walked around. The kids did at least enjoy the aquarium (nothing like hearing a 2yr old little girl go "Whoa!" and grin ear to ear when the big ass catfish swam right up in front of her). So needless to say I don't plan to waste at least half my day to go there unless I have to be in the area for something else.

I agree, the "vacation snipers" are annoying and persistent. Perhaps we should write to upper management and tell them that it ruins our shopping experience.

Adams74Chevy

Hits broadsides of barns
    Oct 3, 2007
    Carroll Co.
    Not really bad feelings towards it just indifferent, I guess would be a better way for me to put it. I live just south of the Mason Dixon line in Frederick County, so it takes around 1.5 hours to get there plus the whole crowd thing at the mall :puke2: I'm not a fan of large crowds of people, I can do without all that. I'll just order online or call a catalog order in. :D

trbon8r

Ultimate Member
    I dropped by Bass Pro today since I had a sales call just down the street.

The thing I noticed most was that it made me glad I reload my own ammo. Remington .45 ACP was priced at $84.99 for the 250 round bulk back, which works out to a mere $17 for a box of 50. :sad20:

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    The price ont he .45 is still tracking along with the 9mm. The ratio has always seemed to be that 9mm was 1/2 the cost of .45.

It's still too damned expensive, as is all ammo, but I don't see it being out of line with what everyone else is charging.

Makes me glad I stocked up a while back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom