Oct 21, 2007
    Baltimore City, MD

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    As are nunchucks, swords of various types, brass knuckles, and ninja stars
    Can I open carry my Katana? Trying to conceal it might make folks ask questions about my unusual endowment. Well, maybe more than usual.

Chat-Bot

Disinformation Governor
    Oct 17, 2020
    под скалой
    Would Machette be street legal in MD now?

This is my place holder...

machete3.jpg

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    Would automatics be allowed in Ocean City and Baltimore city with the permit? I know certain knives are otherwise prohibited there.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    I believe you're wrong, but I'm not positive about that
    On the concealed carry part for auto knives? That's legit.

From ATKI, not updated for the recent shift to "shall issue".

https://www.akti.org/state-knife-laws/maryland/

Maryland CCW Licensees

Individuals who hold a Maryland CCW license may also conceal carry an automatic knife or other “weapon” restricted by § 4-101 Dangerous weapons. Maryland is a “may issue” state where CCW licenses are elusive. The state is not a party to any reciprocity agreements.

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    You can wear a fixed blade sheath knife on your belt now. It's not illegal. There's a guy who comes to my Starbucks almost everyday and it's awesome to see people's faces melt off. LOL
    Yeah, I have no need to do that. But good to know I'll now be able to carry my small fixed blade concealed. Thanks all.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    A group buy might be an idea, have someone jump the border to retrieve said purchased (pick up in store) contraband. I think once in state they can be mailed within state, for those of some distance from the smuggler.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    You can wear a fixed blade sheath knife on your belt now. It's not illegal. There's a guy who comes to my Starbucks almost everyday and it's awesome to see people's faces melt off. LOL
    I'm just repeating something I read here a long time ago about that. Something to the point of since the fixed blade itself was concealed by the sheath, it would/was considered a concealed weapon by the Popo.

I know, I know... that sounds like BKOS (Battered Knife Owners Syndrome).

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    A group buy might be an idea, have someone jump the border to retrieve said purchased (pick up in store) contraband. I think once in state they can be mailed within state, for those of some distance from the smuggler.

Plenty of online stores have no issue shipping an automatic knife to MD.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I'm just repeating something I read here a long time ago about that. Something to the point of since the fixed blade itself was concealed by the sheath, it would/was considered a concealed weapon by the Popo.

I know, I know... that sounds like BKOS (Battered Knife Owners Syndrome).
    Wouldn't that mean a 6" barrel revolver in a cowboy holster would be "concealed" because the barrel and cylinder were concealed by the holster? Watch the liberal heads explode.

brian0128

Nov 30, 2010
    Glen Burnie, MD
    Does anyone here EDC a Benchmade Claymore? I keep seeing them come up in the $179 range with .mil discount but the only Benchmade auto I've had experience with is the AFO which I had open in my pocket due to the oversized firing button.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom