• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marko12

Sep 28, 2009
    Maryland, on the Chesapeake Bay
    The Big Brown struck again. Whoever said that getting your C&R was the start of a beautiful addiction, WAS RIGHT !

I just couldn't pass up this beautiful M-48, YUGO Mauser, 8x57 mm, from Widener's. I have always gotten more than I deserve and more than
    what I pay for from Widener's.

The furniture is almost perfect, the bore is shiny and it shoots like a cannon. I shot it yesterday and the neighbors thought it was another earthquake.

6.jpg

][ ATTACH]43058[/ATTACH\

Attachments

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      229.2 KB · Views: 685

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    Darn it! I was looking at those, and had convinced myself I didn't really need one. Now look what you did....you and your pretty pictures. (grumble, grumble) Never gonna get my credit cards paid off at this rate. :)

Last edited:

captainstashu

Jan 26, 2011
    Silver Spring, MD
    bent vs straight bolt.

Just curious from your photo it looks like the rifle has a straight bolt. M48s have bent bolts. Is it the angle of the photo or are my eyes decieving me?

P.S. Nice foot.

marko12

Sep 28, 2009
    Maryland, on the Chesapeake Bay
    Just curious from your photo it looks like the rifle has a straight bolt. M48s have bent bolts. Is it the angle of the photo or are my eyes decieving me?

P.S. Nice foot.

Sorry to take so long to reply, my electric just now got back on track, four days without makes one see things.....Zombies ! Tree fell across my drive way, still cleaning that up.

captain, good eyes & good taste. Yes, the bolt is "bent" the foot although nice is also bent.

I don't believe it was ever issued the furniture is pristine with only one or two nicks. Yes, I am lucky, it wasn't even a hand pick.

I found a better picture of the bent bolt.

BOLT CLOSED.jpg

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Must have been a wonderful surprise when you dug through the packing material! Couldn't ask for a better grade.
    Commiserate with you on Irene. I was lucky to keep my power when an uprooted tree on my property fell into a nearby pine that the power and phone lines run through. Still had two trees go down, with one going through 4 panels of chain link fence. Still plenty of clean-up to do!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom