• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    Another paid for/influenced by Bloomberg faux study/more press release. I hope that people realize that Bloomberg is tight with Harvard Medical School and promoting his 'anti gun' agenda. At least the article admitted that
    "Policy makers can really draw no conclusion from this study,"
    too bad the USA TODAY doesn't read the body of the text of their own article and instead decides to publish this headline:
    Study: States with more gun laws have less gun violence
    . Unbelievable!

ATTom

Aug 17, 2010
    The ****ing yahoo article cites data used was compiled by the brady campaign....

hilpala

Dec 16, 2011
    Ft Washington, MD
    Just emailed her:

Story: States with more guns laws....

In fact do not have less crime. Please revisit the facts via FBI.gov. Let's not confuse correlation with causation...if going down that road we must observe various other factors as well. Like for instance, look at the conceal carry record in that state, not the ever so declining gun violence rate that's been going on for the last 2 decades prior to. This "report" was manufactured by a group that's funded single handledly by one of the largest anti-gun companies and are publicly vocal in their intent to rid the U.S. of firearms. The Brady Campaign is agenda oriented and the very mention of them further disqualifies their findings. Please also revisit the John Hopkins findings as one of their main sources of funding is that of Bloomberg associations...another well documented anti-gun corporation. I would urge you and the reporter from Yahoo, who published this exact story as well, to seek less bias sources and more factual data, as responsible journalist, writers, bloggers.

P.S. When free visit with the video by John Stossel about gun laws and gun violence
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2YC5cVxTcQ

hilpala

Dec 16, 2011
    Ft Washington, MD
    So...she replied:

Hi Hilpala,

Thanks for reading my story. I appreciate your comments and hope you were able to read further into the story where the commentator I included brings up some of the issues you have with Boston Children's Hospital's study.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/03/07/gun-violence-study-chicago/1969227/

If you have any story ideas in the future, please free feel to share them with me.

Thanks,
    Yamiche

Yamiche Alcindor
    National Reporter, USA TODAY
    t. @Yamiche

hilpala

Dec 16, 2011
    Ft Washington, MD
    So I restated my stance and how I hate how skewed the media is and she offered to accept any potential stories we may have. Anybody have some write-ups or things that could possibly be published or at least reviewed for submission? I'm all for getting more of our stories out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom