• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    I went up to H&M with some non-gun friends of mine. One had a gift card, otherwise I'd have just kept going north to Delta. But anyway, they wanted to run a few mags through the FA MP5, which I got to run a mag through and it was pretty badass.

But anyway after we were done, I swept up all my brass and dumped it in the pouch on my range bag to sort at home. My love of my new 1911 and the price of .45 has moved a press up quite a bit on the list of things I need and so I hoard every piece of .45 I can lay hands on.

Well I got home and I'm sorting the brass when I happen to notice, some of the 9mm cases have a weird headstamp... They also have two primer holes... SONOFABITCH! BERDAN PRIMED 9mm! I had to go through 2-300 pieces of 9mm brass one at a time to sort out the Berdan shit H&M shoots in their MP5. I do think it's some hot subgun 9mm they shoot though, because the brass didn't have the slightest bit of fouling like the WWB and Federal brass.

Anyway, it's not really a reason to hate H&M... But it was annoying as shit :lol2:

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    I went up to H&M with some non-gun friends of mine. One had a gift card, otherwise I'd have just kept going north to Delta. But anyway, they wanted to run a few mags through the FA MP5, which I got to run a mag through and it was pretty badass.

But anyway after we were done, I swept up all my brass and dumped it in the pouch on my range bag to sort at home. My love of my new 1911 and the price of .45 has moved a press up quite a bit on the list of things I need and so I hoard every piece of .45 I can lay hands on.

Well I got home and I'm sorting the brass when I happen to notice, some of the 9mm cases have a weird headstamp... They also have two primer holes... SONOFABITCH! BERDAN PRIMED 9mm! I had to go through 2-300 pieces of 9mm brass one at a time to sort out the Berdan shit H&M shoots in their MP5. I do think it's some hot subgun 9mm they shoot though, because the brass didn't have the slightest bit of fouling like the WWB and Federal brass.

Anyway, it's not really a reason to hate H&M... But it was annoying as shit :lol2:

If you value your gun, don't use their ammo. It's garbage. In fact, I don't even use their range because that's crap as well. Go to Freestate.

hk21guy

Nov 12, 2009
    glen burnie/pasadena

what was the head stamp?

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    If you value your gun, don't use their ammo. It's garbage. In fact, I don't even use their range because that's crap as well. Go to Freestate.
    I brought ammo for my guns. But for the MP5, their gun, their ammo. And I'd rather go to Delta and shoot outside for free, rather than go to H&M or Freestate... But like I said, my friend had a gift card that he wanted to use.

what was the head stamp?

9x19 SR on the top half
    MEN08H0531 on the bottom

hk21guy

Nov 12, 2009
    glen burnie/pasadena
    I brought ammo for my guns. But for the MP5, their gun, their ammo. And I'd rather go to Delta and shoot outside for free, rather than go to H&M or Freestate... But like I said, my friend had a gift card that he wanted to use.

9x19 SR on the top half
    MEN08H0531 on the bottom

from that i know its Germany ammo but thats all and also it was either made in 08 or 05. Germany usually does really good ammo so i dont know whats up with that.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    from that i know its Germany ammo but thats all and also it was either made in 08 or 05. Germany usually does really good ammo so i dont know whats up with that.

Yes, they make great ammo, but not all of the brass is reloadable. Does that Berdan primed brass also come with a primer crimp?

Jim

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA

It was good ammo. Just not good for me to reload. Like I said, the brass is super clean, I think it was just some real hot subgun surplus stuff.

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    It's not a lost cause.

You would be surprised what scrape brass is bringing these days.
    Just take an empty laundry soap jug and start recycling the bad brass for cash to put back into reloading components. When the jug is full cash it out and buy what you need.

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    It's not a lost cause.

You would be surprised what scrape brass is bringing these days.
    Just take an empty laundry soap jug and start recycling the bad brass for cash to put back into reloading components. When the jug is full cash it out and buy what you need.

Yep, I just started a brass bin. I'll start dumping all the .22 shells I sweep up into that as well.

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    I had to go through 2-300 pieces of 9mm brass one at a time to sort out the Berdan shit H&M shoots in their MP5.

Ehh, not a bad idea to sort the brass anyways. .380 tends to mix in real well with 9mm. .45's now have small primers in some of them and will stop your progressive in an instant if you're set up with large primers. Also, you want to check for damaged brass, split cases, etc.

As others have said, don't even bother with the Berdan primers, but keep them for recycling. I keep a can labeled "bad brass" near my bench. It's filled with brass that I don't reload, damaged cases and .22's. One day I'll take and cash it in.

MH

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    i pick up range brass also... you have to sort them out.. i've accidentally loaded 9mm on 380auto brass and caught it before going to the range and shooting it..

ColonelHurtz

A pile of little arms.
    Nov 13, 2008

9x19 SR on the top half
    MEN08H0531 on the bottom

MEN = Metallwerk Elisenhütte G.m.b.H., Nassau, Lahn, Germany
    http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.men-defencetec.de/&ei=HipDT4vkKsO60QH7-MirBw&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CDQQ7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3DMetallwerk%2BElisenh%25C3%25BCtte%2BG.m.b.H.,%2BNassau,%2BLahn,%2BGermany%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26biw%3D1016%26bih%3D606%26prmd%3Dimvnsfdb

ColonelHurtz

A pile of little arms.
    Nov 13, 2008
    b70c7e09.jpg

e86228f1.jpg

617ee532.jpg

Little cross in a circle means it's NATO spec.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom