• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Saint

Black Powder Nerd/Resident Junk Collector
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 10, 2021
    Baltimore County
    Well, stopped by the Antique Arms Show today in hopes of finding one of the repro Pietta Remington Pocket models in .31, but open to just wandering and looking too. After a few hours of sensory overload and a few miles of walking; happened upon this little guy orphaned at one of the tables for an extremely fair price; an old 60s Numrich-made Hopkins&Allen "Boot Pistol" underhammer in .45. It was a little neglected with some surface rust and minor pitting on the other side (not in picture), but after a disassembly and a little love, I think it came out pretty great with a fantastic bore. I had no luck on finding a Remington, but this guy was more than worth the trip out to the show. Seems I'm starting an underhammer collection....that makes 3, now.

Attachments

• H&A Underhammer Pistol.jpg
      H&A Underhammer Pistol.jpg
      39.9 KB · Views: 237

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Yeah that' s cool. Would be something neat to build sawback/tooth stocks onto something like that. Like a Billinghurst target pistol.

Every once in a while I look out for one those Mowry/Ethan Allen rifles. Not an under-hammer per se but more of a back hammer type lock work arrangement.
    Particularly the 50 cal carbine/rifle. The brush popper or what ever they called it.
    Might have even been the Texas carbine. Go figure....

The Saint

Black Powder Nerd/Resident Junk Collector
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 10, 2021
    Baltimore County
    Yeah that' s cool. Would be something neat to build sawback/tooth stocks onto something like that. Like a Billinghurst target pistol.

Every once in a while I look out for one those Mowry/Ethan Allen rifles. Not an under-hammer per se but more of a back hammer type lock work arrangement.
    Particularly the 50 cal carbine/rifle. The brush popper or what ever they called it.
    Might have even been the Texas carbine. Go figure....

There was at least one Mowrey at the show, saw one on a table for $450.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom