• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

paperwork351

no error code for stupid
    Mar 7, 2008
    Gaithersburg
    On another forum a topic was started to get information to help another non resident (WV??) who was arrested for having a loaded firearm in her console. What has been the outcome of the several cases here. There was the usual advise to get a savvy firearms lawyer, contacting the NRA for list of lawyers etc. I know of the one's here but I don't know what county this occurred in. I could post about our forum there but I don't what else I could add.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I'm glad I'm retired sometimes. Who can fault anyone for wanting to protect themselves in this state, especially a lady. If the northeast were a nuthouse, Maryland would be the Violent Ward. I remember when my wife had federal jury duty in downtown Baltimore, I was so concerned for her safety I took off work to drive her.

RobMoore

The Mad Scientist
    Feb 10, 2007
    QA
    ^ and NEVER consent to a search.

"But I wanted to cooperate and speed things along"

NEVER consent to a search.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    "Officer, on the advice of my attorney, I respectfully decline to speak with you until he/she is present."

No convo, no PC or RAS. No legal search.

My .02

IANAL

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    It probably went something like this:
    officer: Ma'am do you have any weapons in you care?
    WV lady: don't be silly, of course I do.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Well nobody had said plain view yet. Just automatically go with the cop fishing for something unjustly as usual. That being said, it is solely the discretion of the cop to arrest or not since it isn't a "shall arrest" crime. Some cops are asses. Also, she could have "talked" herself into it too.

Sent from my phone from somewhere in the world.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    "Do you have anything illegal in your car and do you mind if I search it?"

well played Mr. Officer, well played. (I've gotten this line a couple different times)

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Only once in the last decade or so has an officer asked to search my vehicle.
    I got pulled over for speeding and after giving me a warning he said to me "Do you mind if I search your vehicle?"

I said "Yes sir, I do."

His response:
    "Ok, have a nice day, you can go now."

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Never been asked. Weirdest thing ever thing ever was when I got stopped by AACO and the officer told me my tag number was flagged but he didn't know why. Called in the next day and spoke to a Sgt who pulled it up and found out my previous asshat neighbors didn't know the car was mine and reported if as possibly belonging to a friend of their delinquent grandson who had stolen from their house. The Sgt was very friendly and apologetic and assured me it wouldn't happen again.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Give consent to search when asked. Then ask then to stop 1 minute into it. They have to stop. What people don't know is that the requesting officer is not obligated to tell you that before consent is given. He will either stop or bring the dog out. Might as well make it as inconvenient as possible. :)

Sent from my phone from somewhere in the world.

boardboy330

Resident Secret Squirrel
    Mar 18, 2008
    Only once in the last decade or so has an officer asked to search my vehicle.
    I got pulled over for speeding and after giving me a warning he said to me "Do you mind if I search your vehicle?"

I said "Yes sir, I do."

His response:
    "Ok, have a nice day, you can go now."

Been asked a few times over the years. always decline and they never throw a hissy. I assumed it was a policy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom