• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE
    Done. We need to get this out on Facebook, Twitter, etc. We need to mobilize EVERYONE in this state to get behind this. I am doing what I can, as are many of you, but we need to DO THIS TOGETHER!

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    I answered his survey. Respectfully submitted this.

Senator Miller;
    SB 281 is a contradiction to the US Constitution. Also Marylands Declaration of Rights.
    Art. 2. The Constitution of the United States, and the Laws made, or which shall be made, in pursuance thereof, and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, are, and shall be the Supreme Law of the State; and the Judges of this State, and all the People of this State, are, and shall be bound thereby; anything in the Constitution or Law of this State to the contrary notwithstanding.
    In DC vs Heller, the Supreme court upheld: quoted: The court then held that the Second Amendment "protects an individual right to keep and bear arms", saying that the right was "premised on the private use of arms for activities such as hunting and self-defense, the latter being understood as resistance to either private lawlessness or the depredations of a tyrannical government (or a threat from abroad)." They also noted that though the right to bear arms also helped preserve the citizen militia.
    Sir: If this bill passes the way it's written, Maryland will instantly make many law abiding citizens outlaws and fellons. Is that what the state wants?
    I don't believe so. Surrender or registration of firemarms is not is keeping with Americans historicall Fundamental rights to keep and bear arms. Don't ban a complete class of firearms when the criminals will not obey the law.
    Thank You
    Kenneth Moore Chief Warrant Officer US Army Retired

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom