Any chance this will backfire on the liberals?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2500yards

Oct 12, 2009
    This anti gun agenda in-state and Nationally is making me sick. I just wonder if this all out push could actually backfire on the liberals come election time. Before they all stated how they wouldn't do these types of things and how Obama wouldn't infringe upon our 2nd amendment etc. (obviously those of us with common sense knew better). The sheep believed in him and believed he was telling the truth. Doesn't this clearly display the agenda they have?

Obviously living Maryland my entire life, I know a lot of liberals and many of them do have guns. This cant be something that the majority of the US citizens could possibly overwhelmingly support.

I am seriously considering leaving this state in which I was born and raised in if the current proposal by o'malley get passed. I will take my business and the taxes I pay and relocate to a state that respects our rights.

I grew up hunting and shooting for sport and just cant believe we are dealing with this right now.

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    I think it can back fire on them nationaly, especially if it fizzles out because of other issues taking over the front pages. If NOTHING comes out of it it can hurt them.

Locally, I believe nothing can hurt them. They are completely save in this state. We can erode their position over time but this will not hurt them

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    There are 20 Dem Senators up for reelection in 2014

We should all hope they go on record for supporting all kinds of kooky legislation

It WILL have a negative impact on their chances of re-election as individuals and the party "brand"

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    There are 20 Dem Senators up for reelection in 2014

We should all hope they go on record for supporting all kinds of kooky legislation

It WILL have a negative impact on their chances of re-election as individuals and the party "brand"

And we should remind them of this. Especially those of us who are registered Dems. I think too many of them think this is split along party lines.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    And we should remind them of this. Especially those of us who are registered Dems. I think too many of them think this is split along party lines.

98% of it IS split on party lines

A check of most every vote on bills of significance will confirm this

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    This is going to seriously screw the dems over. I spend ALOT of time pouring over election demographic maps. Based on 2012 and the number of purple counties in the south and mountain west, the dems were poised to take the south away from the republicans by 2020.

They screwed that pooch. They are also going to be losing their support in the mountain west (outside of colorado, and that will go away once the DEA goes after the pot shops)

When I started shooting, I was a Fudd. I felt that restrictions on AW and Pistols were not only justified but needed. Fortunately, I got better. How?

A bunch of union guys in Ohio turned me on to the great fun to be had in competitive shooting with AR's and handguns. The bonehead moves being made now are guaranteed to split the union vote in the midwest. (assuming the republican governors take a breather in their anti labor war).

You can do the math on what that means.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    It will fizzle and be forgotten in America. In lesser states where ignorance is a civil right rediculously unconstitutional laws will be passed and in the years of litigation the makeup of the SCOTUS will change and then the Second Ammendment and all other protections of an armed citizenry will find their places in the dustbin of history.

john_bud

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Short answer is NO. It will not hurt the overall Dem agenda. voters will have forgotten all about this by 2014 and 2016. There will be some other "distraction" to keep the voters attention elsewhere. I just hope it's not mushroom clouds over NY, blue hats marching across the country or inflation hitting 859%....

HKB

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2007
    Finksburg, MD
    1st distraction from "gun control" is going to be "immigration reform", the sheeple have short term memories and obuma knows he can't get the awb passed so he'll introduce another distraction/assault on liberty in the form of immigration reform.

manderson

Ultimate Member
    Jun 3, 2008
    It will fizzle and be forgotten in America. In lesser states where ignorance is a civil right rediculously unconstitutional laws will be passed and in the years of litigation the makeup of the SCOTUS will change and then the Second Ammendment and all other protections of an armed citizenry will find their places in the dustbin of history.
    So you are saying that you do not think there are enough people who believe strongly enough to take action on their 2nd amendment rights before such a prediction becomes truth?

manderson

Ultimate Member
    Jun 3, 2008

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom