• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    I am currently building a m16a4 clone and was wondering if there was any love for this variant on the board here. Its hard to find out what accessories such as specific model of surefire light are correct but I received the correct rail from a member here and I have a FNMI produced barrel on the gun which started as a stag model 4. So far I've gathered that you find the acog ta31rco-a4 model or just a carry handle. Not sure if they run an aimpoint also or not.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    I'm pretty sure they just run Acogs for optics. There is also the Canadian model that runs Eotechs. Either way they are awesome. just like all the military config. Ar's.

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    That grip looks like the HK grip.

thats the first thing that crossed my mind as well...well, other than the magpul looking insert.

regardless...that rifle is damn amazing...honestly...im almost tempted to build one rather than a saiga 223 for my next rifle...

...almost...

Alaskacajun

Aug 30, 2011
    33b1i89.jpg

I love mine...

This is an old pic of mine, it actually wears an ACOG TAO1NSN right now and has a Matech BUIS...

My clone is a Bushmaster lower and upper, with a .mil-spec barrel with 1/7" twist, it has a LMT M16 BCG and a Geissele trigger.

:party29:

- Clint

ETA: I just checked... besides the trigger and optic, I have $650 into this gun!

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    33b1i89.jpg

I love mine...

This is an old pic of mine, it actually wears an ACOG TAO1NSN right now and has a Matech BUIS...

My clone is a Bushmaster lower and upper, with a .mil-spec barrel with 1/7" twist, it has a LMT M16 BCG and a Geissele trigger.

- Clint

ETA: I just checked... besides the trigger and optic, I have $650 into this gun!

I have a bit more due to starting with a complete gun but that gives me left over parts for a new build.

Alaskacajun

Aug 30, 2011
    My kid likes the ACOG... I like Aimpoint... so I have an Aimpoint that I put on it when he ain't using it!

The reason I don't have much in it is because the lower was free, the LPK was free, I paid $150 for the rail, covers, and forward grip. The sling was free and the upper/stock cost me around $460 I believe... The Colt carry handle didn't cost more than $30 IIRC... I figure I maybe have about $650 into it I guess...

- Clint

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    I had one, and really enjoyed it. It was a "real deal" Colt RO901 upper I got from Dennis A. Todd. I got rid of it, because with the RAS M5 ti was a bit of a pig. I've since moved to lighter setups for my 5.56 carbines with no regrets.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    I love that rifle and would love to build one exactly the same! I started to go that route with my 20" but im using yhm rails and have an hbar so its not correct. But if you just glace real quick it looks like one lol.

Alaskacajun

Aug 30, 2011
    I love that rifle and would love to build one exactly the same! I started to go that route with my 20" but im using yhm rails and have an hbar so its not correct. But if you just glace real quick it looks like one lol.

When you use the KAC rail covers it will look even better since you won't be able to see the rail very easily...

- Clint

Aug 2, 2007
    Harford County
    33b1i89.jpg

I love mine...

- Clint

Not fair! You're going to make me break out the wallet posting pics like that. Definitely one good looking rifle.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    33b1i89.jpg

I love mine...

- Clint

funny, you set that up with exactly the acog i want, and the BUIS i use. LOVE the 01nsn

jaredm1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury
    Yes, but speaking of which, what handguard is on that rifle? I looks like a Knight's Armament so how in the world did you manage to build that for only $650?

The KAC M5 RAS is actually pretty cheap on the second-hand market.

I built up an M16A4, then un-built it. I switched out the A2 stock for something shorter, switched the carry handle for DD A1.5 iron sights (planning to add a lightweight Aimpoint), and the KAC rail system was pretty heavy, so right now I have the basic A2 handguards on it. With everything "correct" on it, it's a pretty long, bulky, and heavy rifle.

Alaskacajun

Aug 30, 2011
    Yes, but speaking of which, what handguard is on that rifle? I looks like a Knight's Armament so how in the world did you manage to build that for only $650?

I found the complete KAC M5 RAS locally at a military surplus store for $150

The reason I don't have much in it is because the lower was free, the LPK was free, I paid $150 for the rail, covers, and forward grip. The sling was free and the upper/stock cost me around $460 I believe... The Colt carry handle didn't cost more than $30 IIRC... I figure I maybe have about $650 into it I guess...

- Clint

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    I think im going to sell my hbar upper and go for the bcm gov profile. With my wants a non cl hbar is not the best route. It will come with a bcm bolt and yhm flip fsb. Ill probably list it in the classifieds but wont have pics till i clean it

bfreeder00

Apr 27, 2009
    Delaware/ Iraq
    I carry one everyday lol. Mine has an aimpoint CCO on it, and has been converted to a collapsible but stock. Ours also have the fore grip with the bi-pod legs spring loaded in it.

Slimjim

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2007
    I carry one everyday lol. Mine has an aimpoint CCO on it, and has been converted to a collapsible but stock. Ours also have the fore grip with the bi-pod legs spring loaded in it.

What sling are you issued? And light, if you're also issued one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom