• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    He's looking for Montgomery county, I'm DC

My best friend is montgomery county so I can ask him anything you need. Also PM Blackstar556, he's MoCo and with a decent amount of time on, and a good dude.

md_06unltd

Oct 26, 2016
    Sugarloaf
    i was searching for a thread specific to Montgomery County Gun/ammo laws. While taking my Utah class today, one of the instructors made mention to Montgomery County having its own set of additional laws/regulations/requirements, that only applied in Montgomery County.

I came here looking for a sticky, or thread, that addressed this information and this is as closest I could find.

Is there someone here knowledgeable about Mont Co stuff that could school me here (as well as for future readers)?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    here.

Attachments

• montgomeryCountyCodech57_weapons.pdf
      188.5 KB · Views: 233
    • Mo Co weapons-law-brochure-on-line-format.pdf
      1.3 MB · Views: 241
    • mo co urban area.jpg
      mo co urban area.jpg
      108.3 KB · Views: 635

md_06unltd

Oct 26, 2016
    Sugarloaf
    Thanks for that.....if a mod is reading this..can it/should it be made into a sticky?

I live outside the urban area, and I had no idea I could not fire ANY full metal jacket rounds.....amazing!

Fishguy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Thanks for that.....if a mod is reading this..can it/should it be made into a sticky?

I live outside the urban area, and I had no idea I could not fire ANY full metal jacket rounds.....amazing!
    There are only about 3 of us in MoCo who own icky baby killer guns so I doubt there would be enough demand for a sticky.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    here.

There is some seriously F'ed up stuff in there. They say you may not buy ammuntion unless you provide proof of legally owning a gun that takes the ammo you are buying.
    Funny how they say none of those rules are intended to hinder or in any way inconvienience law abiding citizens. Bullsh*t. Just another reason Montgomery County blows donkey c*ck.

Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter
    Last edited:

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    :facepalm:

That MoCo law on ammo is null and void. There was a lawsuit and it was declared invalid.

Here's the ruling http://www.leagle.com/decision/19858... GUNS, INC.

[ MONTGOMERY COUNTY v. ATLANTIC GUNS, INC. No. 157, September Term, 1983.]

Here's an entire thread on that topic.

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?p=4326929#post4326929

But otherwise, not even a nerf gun or bean gun may be fired outside of a building anywhere in MoCo.
    I was wondering about preemption because I knew the mail order part was null and void. Didn't know about the rest. Good. Montgomery County still sucks.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    But otherwise, not even a nerf gun or bean gun may be fired outside of a building anywhere in MoCo.

Actually, about that. We can fire up to .25 caliber rounds in the rural part of the county as long as certain parameters are met. I have written consent of everyone within 150 yards of my property line to do so, and the spots I fire from are over 50 yards away from public roads. My neighbors dislike groundhogs as much as I do.

Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter
    Actually, about that. We can fire up to .25 caliber rounds in the rural part of the county as long as certain parameters are met. I have written consent of everyone within 150 yards of my property line to do so, and the spots I fire from are over 50 yards away from public roads. My neighbors dislike groundhogs as much as I do.

And, you need that same written permission for said nerf and bean gun too, don't you? What's the caliber of a bean? I guess lima beans chick peas are outlawed?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom