• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    I thought you had a Wilson grip module and carried in a Tenicor holster. Or was that last month?

I just have a stock P365 with no manual safety. I did install an extended mag release, reversed to work with my finger instead of my thumb.

It lives quietly in a Bravo Torsion holster which clips on my Nexbelt at about 12:45 -1:00. Holster and gun go on and off the belt as a unit, and are put away at home as a unit with no routine unloading.

I sometimes do a couple of presentations before going out, mainly to check the clearance of my cover garment. Thus I do occasionally reholster "hot". This just calls for alertness and a good backward lean as I push the bottom of the holster away from my body with my left hand. Thus the muzzle never points at my body as I reholster, but at the floor well in front of my feet.

But once the pistol is in the holster, it simply cannot "go off.

The holster itself is a better "safety" then any mechanical switch.

View attachment 447561
    He has one for each day of the week...

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    New thread... how does one CC while wearing a kilt?

3.-Womens-CCW-Dress-1024x683.jpg

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    I carried without one in the chamber when I first started to get comfortable with things. I now carry with one in the chamber.
    :thumbsup: Ditto. Someone upthread mentioned carrying on a chambered dummy round for practice. If you're practicing carrying in your home, that seems like a reasonable idea.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I thought you had a Wilson grip module and carried in a Tenicor holster. Or was that last month?
    I use the Tenicor, but it isn’t tuckable. Most of the time I need a tuckable. The Wilson irritates my muffin top.

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    Almost never a scenario where you can’t take your holster off your body to re-holster your carry gun. I do the same as you, and treat the pistol/holster as a single unit.
    This is the way. Far less gun handling, much safer.

I see I'm in good company.

I think a lot of folks don’t understand that not all safeties need a thumb switch. Even a 1911 has a grip safety, so 2 safeties. Glock advertises 3 safeties: Trigger safety, firing pin safety, drop safety.

when I bought my P365, there isn’t a trigger safety, so I bought the model with the thumb safety. That is now in my parts bin.

As mentioned before, in a decent holster, nothing short of a freak accident is going to cause that firearm to discharge. There is no danger of discharge when drawing. The only other factor is your finger, and if you analyze your draw, it’s highly unlikely that you will get your finger on the trigger while the muzzle is pointed at you. You will be drawing with momentum toward your target.

This probably isn't an original thought but it might help some to think of a good holster as basically another safety. If my 365x with no thumb safety in a Tenicor Certum 3 somehow goes off, well, I should have just stayed in bed that day...

Same for a J Frame in a leather pocket holster. If that 9+ pound trigger gets inadvertently pulled while in my pocket, something has gone impossibly wrong.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    Are the cables shown attached to the pistol in the video for training only?
    We used lanyards on everything. If you drop something on the open ocean, its gone if not tied in. One night we were training VBSS off the coast of San Diego and the driver flipped a RIB. Because everything on the boat was tied in with a lanyard or carabiner, we didn't lose so much as a pocket knife. The boat was never the same afterwards and watching a 600ft ship glide by in arms reach was rather unsettling but nobody was hurt and nothing was lost. Lanyards are good.

Worsley

I apologize for hurting your feelings!
    Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster
    A lot of military use lanyards.

We used lanyards on everything. If you drop something on the open ocean, it’s gone if not tied in. One night we were training VBSS off the coast of San Diego and the driver flipped a RIB. Because everything on the boat was tied in with a lanyard or carabiner, we didn't lose so much as a pocket knife. The boat was never the same afterwards and watching a 600ft ship glide by in arms reach was rather unsettling but nobody was hurt and nothing was lost. Lanyards are good.
    You see, I learned something new today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom