• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joeygregory01

May 9, 2023
    Maryland
    I was terrified at first to do that and throw the first week or 2 I would carry without one of the chamber to live scene. Multiple videos on YouTube pop-up of why you should carry one in the chamber and experts and instructors and law. Enforcement and so on gave numerous examples of what could go wrong? And that's split second that it takes for you to chamber around, as your drawing could be the crucial little bit of time. They could cost you or a love on your life or their life. It doesn't sound like a much but do some restart on. I list terrified of strike or fire my first one. What's when I got my concealed? Carry not. That I was scared of that. I just didn't trust them.
    Especially to be out label with one in the chamber I know it would never happen but was always scared. The gun would go off for no reason.
    But do some research
    Somebody said something about and Israeli guy will. They probably been doing trills and trading since they were teenagers or young children. That little bit of time you save could be The decision Maker over who wins or dies in a very fast reaction self. Defense incident Davy and had a video where a dude went to to. All his gun did it beautifully but racked it either too fast or something happened in his gun had a malfunction and he was out of the fight right there. So for at least the second or 2 or maybe longer. And that's all it takes. That's just my opinionThe decision Maker over who wins or dies in a very fast reaction self. Defense incident Davy and had a video where a dude went to to. All his gun did it beautifully but racked it either too fast or something happened in his gun had a malfunction and he was out of the fight right there. So for at least the second or 2 or maybe longer. And that's all it takes. That's just my opinion. Below are my 2 dailys. Hopefully they're the right pictures. I can't see the thumb nails

Attachments

• 20240104_043502.jpg
      20240104_043502.jpg
      289 KB · Views: 51
    • 20240104_043157.jpg
      20240104_043157.jpg
      180.5 KB · Views: 53

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    I was terrified at first to do that and throw the first week or 2 I would carry without one of the chamber to live scene. Multiple videos on YouTube pop-up of why you should carry one in the chamber and experts and instructors and law. Enforcement and so on gave numerous examples of what could go wrong? And that's split second that it takes for you to chamber around, as your drawing could be the crucial little bit of time. They could cost you or a love on your life or their life. It doesn't sound like a much but do some restart on. I list terrified of strike or fire my first one. What's when I got my concealed? Carry not. That I was scared of that. I just didn't trust them.
    Especially to be out label with one in the chamber I know it would never happen but was always scared. The gun would go off for no reason.
    But do some research
    Somebody said something about and Israeli guy will. They probably been doing trills and trading since they were teenagers or young children. That little bit of time you save could be The decision Maker over who wins or dies in a very fast reaction self. Defense incident Davy and had a video where a dude went to to. All his gun did it beautifully but racked it either too fast or something happened in his gun had a malfunction and he was out of the fight right there. So for at least the second or 2 or maybe longer. And that's all it takes. That's just my opinionThe decision Maker over who wins or dies in a very fast reaction self. Defense incident Davy and had a video where a dude went to to. All his gun did it beautifully but racked it either too fast or something happened in his gun had a malfunction and he was out of the fight right there. So for at least the second or 2 or maybe longer. And that's all it takes. That's just my opinion. Below are my 2 dailys. Hopefully they're the right pictures. I can't see the thumb nails
    You can't see the thumbnails? Heck, can you see the words you're typing? Holy crap!

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Hello Joey ! Between the most recent post here , and your first post last June , you probably are a real person , albeit grammar challenged .

I get it ! This is the internet , not a work presentation , legal document, or a term paper . This is a Forum, and rather informal .

But grammar and structure exist for a reason . Sure it can be over done . But a little tiny bit goes a long way in successfully communicating your thoughts and ideas . ( Made up numbers, but close enough to illustrate my point ) 10 % effort will give 90% improvement in successful communication.

Paragraphs are your friend ! They frame each idea or sub topic . They frame your writing into digestible chunks . I confess that on the internet I might overuse separate paragraphs , while it would offend a grammar teacher , or a professional Technical Writer , it still get my ideas across. Most of the time , More are Better.

Run on sentences happen . On complex or technical topics ( like on gun forums), including all the pertinent details can be a long sentence with bunch commas .

Don't be too worried .As long as occasional, and not every sentence, most readers will follow the gist of it if sentence is kinda OK, arranged in multiple paragraphs.

Last edited:

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I had another thought about this thread while I was getting fully dressed and tucking in to go out :brows: . Especially now that we are wearing additional layers of cover garments, that support hand might be extra busy getting and keeping everything clear for the draw.

That's potentially taking up additional precious fractions of seconds...then it has to let go of all of that (potentially from a position it isn't used to) to meet up with the gun and strong hand. Carrying loaded, the strong hand and gun could be already taking care of business while the support hand is still tangled up in scarfs and petticoats. But not if carrying half unloaded.

There's already talk of the Israelis not actually Israeli carrying. The video shows them doing it OC and OWB...well, this is post SB1 Maryland, not Israel. How about Israeli CC IWB? I bet they don't even do that in Israel anymore anyway.

Fate

Mar 18, 2012
    I have been carrying for 18 years. When I first started, I too was scared to have one in the chamber using a pistol without a manual safety.

I started with the gun cocked but no round loaded. After a few months and never having the gun accidentally fire, I was willing to move on to loaded all the time. Silly, yes, but it is a mental hurdle to some people.

Fast forward several years and I saw a video online that graphically depicted a robbery at a jewelry store. The owner was trying to defend himself with an empty chamber while having to rack a round. He was brutally gunned down and didn’t get a good shot off. Watching him bleed out and his limp body kicked to the side was more than enough to confirm my choice to always carry a loaded gun.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I looked for but could not find the video of the jewelry store owner frantically and unsuccessfully attempting to chamber a round while the perp shot at and hit him. Poor guy went progressively limp as he bled out. IIRC is was over a decade ago.

ETA: Found the video from 2009.

Last edited:

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    For those of you afraid, try this.
    Make sure your pistol is clear. No mag.
    Rack it so it can fire.
    Now toss it around, push it in and out of pockets, places, stick things inside the trigger guard and wiggle them around, etc... Do what your scariest loaded chamber nightmare would be. You will find it difficult to get the trigger pressed enough for it to fire.

Loaded and holstered pistols don't fire.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Rack it so it can fire.
    Now toss it around, push it in and out of pockets, places, stick things inside the trigger guard and wiggle them around, etc... Do what your scariest loaded chamber nightmare would be. You will find it difficult to get the trigger pressed enough for it to fire.

B...bbut Sig p320 had a recall! And Glocks don't have any safeties!!!

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Still zero video of any P320 going off without some sort of human interaction. lol
    I know. I'm just being silly.

I am now up to 2 times that my holstered P365 (loaded, fully, of course) has hit the concrete at my feet, and I'm still alive to tell about it.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I am now up to 2 times that my holstered P365 (loaded, fully, of course) has hit the concrete at my feet, and I'm still alive to tell about it.
    Got this pic of you taking a walk with your buddy…

IMG_2619.jpeg

Fate

Mar 18, 2012
    I looked for but could not find the video of the jewelry store owner frantically and unsuccessfully attempting to chamber a round while the perp shot at and hit him. Poor guy went progressively limp as he bled out. IIRC is was over a decade ago.

ETA: Found the video from 2009.

Yeah that’s the one. RIP

There was the full video up at one time (not the news report). Showed him actually die after bleeding out.

Fate

Mar 18, 2012
    Rack it so it can fire.

Good advice. This is what I needed to do when I first started.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Yeah that’s the one. RIP

There was the full video up at one time (not the news report). Showed him actually die after bleeding out.
    I recall that full length vid. That was back in the days of the ogrish site, that morphed into liveleak, and the successor to that (don't recall the name) isn't the same.

colesteele

May 2, 2020
    An unloaded gun is a poorly designed club.
    Thinking you'll be able to rack the slide in time is like thinking you'll be able to put your seat belt on as you're having a car accident.
    Either carry with a chambered round or elect a different form of self defense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom