• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fate

Mar 18, 2012
    What do you mean Glock guns have NO safeties ? There are 3 mechanisms internally built in !
    They actually have 4. :D

8buu37.jpg

Dataluss

To KEEP and BEAR ARMS, Shall NOT be Infringed.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 9, 2022
    Owings Mills MD
    They actually have 4. :D

8buu37.jpg
    3, 4, 5..... haha, I wasn't exactly sure the amount. HOWEVER, he said there were NONE. Of my 4 Glock's, they are ALL solid, safe, RELIABLE handguns. Also, as the issued duty weapon of thousands of agencies across the country !!! They certainly have a proven record. Without the need for an external manual on/off.

Last edited:

JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    I pocket carry my g19 with no holster in my work pants with nothing in the chamber.

an inferior gun is better then no gun.

My work pants are not comfortable IWB. I guess I should get an OWB for them. I don't want to stretch the waistlines of those pants.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I pocket carry my g19 with no holster in my work pants with nothing in the chamber.

My work pants are not comfortable IWB. I guess I should get an OWB for them. I don't want to stretch the waistlines of those pants.
    You must have some huge pockets

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie

A gun doesn't have the ability to adapt to clothes. Your clothes however, can adapt to your gun and how you wear them around it.

Buy 1 size larger in pants. If not, they will stretch eventually. The gun didn't ask to hang on you, you asked it. A good host accommodates a guest.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009

Actually , a striker fired w/o external safety ( or older POS pocket pistols with unreliable safety ) , carried loose in pocket , or in waistband w/o holster are the exception that proves the rule .

( If I was too indirect , those combonations Are Wise to carry chamber empty . Further inplied is that it is preferable to instead carry with proper pocket holster or IWB , and that certain historical or crap pistols are better left in the collection , and not carried .)

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    A gun doesn't have the ability to adapt to clothes. Your clothes however, can adapt to your gun and how you wear them around it.

Buy 1 size larger in pants. If not, they will stretch eventually. The gun didn't ask to hang on you, you asked it. A good host accommodates a guest.

This !

The now apparently retro mantra of * Dress Around the Gun * .

JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    Actually , a striker fired w/o external safety ( or older POS pocket pistols with unreliable safety ) , carried loose in pocket , or in waistband w/o holster are the exception that proves the rule .

( If I was too indirect , those combonations Are Wise to carry chamber empty . Further inplied is that it is preferable to instead carry with proper pocket holster or IWB , and that certain historical or crap pistols are better left in the collection , and not carried .)
    I just don't want to desk pop. I haven't done one so I guess I am not cool. Dirty Mike and the Boys approve.

JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD

I don't carry when I am on work premises.

The pants are gunless more then they are with gun, so no thank you, I will not go up one size and have to deal with my pants falling down while working, and this is even with a belt.

This is kind of an odd comment to make other then to just come on and pass judgement. I hold the opinion it is better to have an inferior gun then nothing at all, so I do it this way. The gun hangs on just fine, in my pocket with nothing in the chamber.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I don't carry when I am on work premises.

The pants are gunless more then they are with gun, so no thank you, I will not go up one size and have to deal with my pants falling down while working, and this is even with a belt.

This is kind of an odd comment to make other then to just come on and pass judgement. I hold the opinion it is better to have an inferior gun then nothing at all, so I do it this way. The gun hangs on just fine, in my pocket with nothing in the chamber.

You do you.
    My years of experience carrying in places people don't carry tell me otherwise.
    And you didn't say "pants you wear to work", you said work pants. Hell jeans and khakis are work pants.
    You asked for help and I told you the way.
    Good luck.

JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD

p.s. It costs zero dollars to shove the gun in my pocket without a holster. That is my motivation for doing it this way.

Even with a pocket holster, I would probably carry nothing in the chamber like that.

The gun is also the only thing in that pocket when it is there.

JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    You do you.
    My years of experience carrying in places people don't carry tell me otherwise.
    And you didn't say "pants you wear to work", you said work pants. Hell jeans and khakis are work pants.
    You asked for help and I told you the way.
    Good luck.
    Sorry, I should have been more clear, I forgot I am the only person living my own life. My apologizes.

I have clothes for work and only work. Those are the pants I pocket carry. One of my coworkers has some Velcro belt, but I have found that when I have super loose pants and crank the belt way down it tends to get uncomfortable for me.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Smaller gun plus IWB holster = Comfort. I have a great holster for my G19 (Vedder Light Tuck) and it’s comfortable, but the grip will still print depending on how I turn or twist in most clothing and the thickness appears somewhat unnatural. Same holster setup with P365 disappears from printing, and same with LCP Max and both completely invisible and I don’t even really feel it there. Always chambered. I’d be concerned about a stressful situation trying to get a proper rack, any semi can misfeed the first round fairly easily without a solid racking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom