• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    I'll name the agency. It was Baltimore city.

The cop would store his pistol in the freezer to keep it high and away from his kid. Months and months of constant condensation and thawing cause it to rust and fuse.
    So many small safe options…makes no sense at all. Kid couldn’t get on a chair and get in the freezer? Before kids I simply had a pistol in the nightstand, quickly transitioned to nightstand safe once born, simple.

emerald

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2015

Yep, and having watched a variety of ASP videos etc., you very well likely don't get a chance to use two hands or have any ability to assume a preferred position. It seems just being able to get to your gun, drawing and firing with one hand is a challenge, and the other hand/arm is often engaged in trying to defend against the attacker or gain balance.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    There is no " always " either direction . But does illiustrate the importance of practicing and having competency with one hand . ( Both hands , individually )

In today's world with a plethora of powerful micro pistols , ability to shoot it one handed is an important criteria for selection .

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region

No.

No.

Absolutely not. Also, move the damn tables behind you (without the guns on them of course). One of these times he’s going to be careless and hit the table in front of him on the draw but it will be ok because he doesn’t have a chambered round.

Here’s some more of “Doron” from Fauda practicing:

Not sure why he’s turning the gun sideways…

Massad Ayoob weighs in.

Lafayette

Not that kind of doctor
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2021
    Maryland
    I now carry aluminum billet, a CNC machine, and portable generator - in addition to the well-appointed machine shop in the trailer behind my car. Bulky? Sure, but it does mean I can fashion whatever gun is necessary for the situation.

Gang bangers trying to mug me? You’d best believe I got that nine on me.

Angry Kodiak? A 45-70 Marlin coming right up.

Home defense? You’d better believe I’ll have a lever-action leaning against the wall by the door before you can blink a few million times.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Wow. I’ve never seen anyone with a stance this low.
    Interestingly enough, this is quite similar to the Applegate point shooting technique, developed from Sykes and Fairbairn's work in WWII.

I find it very uncomfortable to adopt a straight-leg locked-knee stance when training for a defensive shot. Being in a somewhat crouched position lowers my CG, aids in balance and allows for an easier transition into movement. But I'm old, stiff and awkward at the best of times, and I need every advantage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom