• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    I tried my .17hmr at one from 200yds. No joy. Thought I had shot them out of that hole, but its still churning them out. Might need to up my game to a 22-250 for those 200+ shots.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I think I've (temporarily) decimated the population on my property. I knocked the stuffing out of them last year (upgraded to a .22 hornet to make sure the job gets done), but have only seen a few this year (as opposed to dozens and dozens).... they will be back I don't doubt.

As a bonus, I've actually gotten some peaches this summer. The little buggers usually climb the trees and eat all of the fruit (and yes, they can climb trees). The squirrels are still doing a number on them, but I've actually gotten a few baskets this year... sweet success!

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    A freind of mine just dropped off his Savage B mag in .17 Winchester Super Magnum for me to try out. Need to find some ground hogs now!!!

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Go to some cow or horse farms and ask the owner. If you hunt you know how to ask. Always tell them it will only be you. And mean it. I'm lucky and have F.I.L that wants me to get all them out.

Copper

Shock Trooper In Stooper
    Jan 26, 2012
    Pig in the backyard yesterday, dogs got to it first before my son could grab a firearm for dispatch.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Got one this weekend in Hunt Valley. Just happened to have my FV-SR with me as he popped his head up. :D

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Go to some cow or horse farms and ask the owner. If you hunt you know how to ask. Always tell them it will only be you. And mean it. I'm lucky and have F.I.L that wants me to get all them out.

My SIL father has a huge farm in Carroll county. Havent been there in a few years so i need to get back in touch with him.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Frankie...you shot Frankie. Man, there's going to be a Rat Pack after you now. You shouldn't have done it, you shouldn't have done it...

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    It's funny. Last Saturday I was moving to my evening ML hunting set and a GH that I am very familiar with was sitting over his hole. I approached him and got within 15 yards of his aze and he just sat there as I approached, daring me to choot him. I did not. I was deer hunting. They have a way of knowing, don't they?

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Sometimes... after a frustrating morning on the stand watchin a buck (shooter) chase a doe all around (except close enough for a bow shot), I decided to break out the Varminator this afternoon and wax a couple of groundhogs caught sunnin themselves on this beautiful day... Tally is 10 for the season, think that's it for now, unless one struts by while I have a bow in hand... LOL

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    I had one run into and thru the combine Friday evening. not much left to take a picture of.

My brother in law had that happen quite a few times.
    That's just one of a thousand ways to learn to hate those pests.

They're OK ground up in Chile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom