• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    If like me you are a fan of news but sick of the liberal bias and anti-gunners who run media companies, I'd highly suggest the following news site:

www.sofrep.com

Sofrep is veteran owned and operated, predominately by individuals with special operations and intelligence backgrounds. They do real journalism that we don't see anymore from the likes of cnn or the new york times.

Even better, they have interesting historical stories, videos, and and podcast.

It's behind a paywall but as a subscriber I find the site is worth every penny. Plus, I like supporting veteran owned businesses.

They are pro-second amendment too and have articles on things like how to survive mass shootings, edc, and other stuff of interest to this community.

In terms of the 2016 election, their editorial stance is officially "Anyone but Hillary". How can you not like that?

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    I used to read sofrep when they didn't have a paywall.

No offense to our military members, but, I'm not that impressed with having to pay for info that is cobbled together by the crow source that is MDS and my other outlets. I mostly get the same commentary here that I read there for free (and I like the people here better).

Besides, I kinda got tired of their "we're special forces and we know a lot of shit" attitude that seemed to permeate all of their offerings. I get they were likely to have some form of no nonsense biased, but it seemed to stoke their egos. Maybe it's changed since I quit reading.

Of course, to each their own. If you like your reads, stick with it. I just didn't like it that much to want to pay for it.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I used to read sofrep when they didn't have a paywall.

No offense to our military members, but, I'm not that impressed with having to pay for info that is cobbled together by the crow source that is MDS and my other outlets. I mostly get the same commentary here that I read there for free (and I like the people here better).

Besides, I kinda got tired of their "we're special forces and we know a lot of shit" attitude that seemed to permeate all of their offerings. I get they were likely to have some form of no nonsense biased, but it seemed to stoke their egos. Maybe it's changed since I quit reading.

Of course, to each their own. If you like your reads, stick with it. I just didn't like it that much to want to pay for it.

I agree. :thumbsup: OSINT isn't worth paying my money for when it comes to me anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom