• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I hate the original AKM slings, especially the canvas/ leather ones that seem to have been re-issued from WW2.

They are too short and do not work with modern shooting techniques. I'm planning on training with the AKM , just to change things up a bit.

So..for a classic AKM underfolder, what sling would you use? I'm leaning towards a single-point sling.

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    I bought a Condor single point sling for my MSAR last year.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/condor-cobra-sling.html

Very high quality sling, at a great price. (The two point is similarly nice) And it has elastic covers to keep the sling clips from scratching the gun (if you care). But to be honest, I hardly ever use it. Two point slings just seem to work better for me. I like to wrap it around my support arm to help with accuracy; and single points just let the rifle hang down awkwardly. IMO
    I've never had a sling on my underfolder. So I can't help you there.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Magpul MS3 works perfectly as a single point, if you open the front sling loop by heating and stretching it then a single point config will work as well.

I added Magpul Front SLing Mounts on my AK's

My AR's and AK's use the same Sling (Magpul MS2/MS3), Same Suppressor (YHM 7.62 Q.D. Stainless/YHM 7.62 Q.D> Titanium), Same Bipods (Harris on arue Q.D. Mounts), and Same Optics (On Q.D. LaRue Mounts), My Web Gear uses HSGI Taco Pouches (Work for AR, AK, Rem 700/AI Mags, etc... flawlessly)

mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA
    Magpul MS3 works perfectly as a single point, if you open the front sling loop by heating and stretching it then a single point config will work as well.

I added Magpul Front SLing Mounts on my AK's

My AR's and AK's use the same Sling (Magpul MS2/MS3), Same Suppressor (YHM 7.62 Q.D. Stainless/YHM 7.62 Q.D> Titanium), Same Bipods (Harris on arue Q.D. Mounts), and Same Optics (On Q.D. LaRue Mounts), My Web Gear uses HSGI Taco Pouches (Work for AR, AK, Rem 700/AI Mags, etc... flawlessly)

I really love the MS3 sling too. I had a problem with the clips fitting onto the sling mount for my 930 so I attached a cheap small split ring like from a keychain to the sling mount on the gun, I imagine the same thing would work on the AK too. If I could rubber coat the thing so it'd be silent it'd be perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Imetthevarmit

Latest threads

Top Bottom