Industry Partner
    Nov 22, 2022
    Unlocking Safety – Exploring Biometric Gun Technology

XCheckR

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    HdG
    Nope. Don't want any potential failure point that will prevent me from defending myself.

Attachments

• th-316211344.jpg
      th-316211344.jpg
      29.4 KB · Views: 23

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    No way.

Mechanical failure aside, what if you're bleeding from an attack, have blood on your hands (or lost parts of them) and it doesn't recognize you?

What if a friend or family member tries to help you, but the gun doesn't "know" them?

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Thoughts? Yes. Smart Gun is an oxymoron. The person who tries to push them is a regular old moron. The person who buys one for self defense, also a plain vanilla moron.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Unlocking Safety – Exploring Biometric Gun Technology

As someone In the Business, remind yourself about the incredible level of flak that Engage and Andy took when they looked into getting one on the MD register. Drove Andy to drink and video ranting; I think there were death threats involved as well.

So no, bad idea all around.

Guns are tools. Smart hammers, anyone?

Anyway, there's always a workaround. Check out how today's clever cars are being carjacked by 1 yr ol kids.

Kagetsu

Feb 4, 2009
    No... I remember when that was first proposed. Smith and Wesson was "all in" on this gov'ment proposal. Probably promised some exclusive law for supporting the idea. Like when Colt was finagled into supporting the assult wepon ban. It's the reason buying a gun in Maryland requires a lock purchase. This states need to be the first to pass a restriction was because of this before it was discovered that the systems were a complete failure.

I remember some weird movie with two men drawing pistols. Then typing in the request to shoot. The first to receive permission to fire won.

Last edited:

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    A life safety device (firearm, fire extinguisher, air bag, whatever) must be as simple as possible in order to be as reliable as possible. Introducing failure points in the name of safety...isn't.

Life is for grown ups. A functional world is not an idiot-proof world. People need to get their heads in the game. Example, there are countless Cessnas and Pipers tied up at general aviation airports all over the US that are ripe for the taking. If you can't fly a fookin' plane, don't wander out there, untie it, fire it up, and take it for a joyride. Taxi, takeoff and straight and level flight are the easy phases. Landing without ruining the plane or yourself is the most difficult phase. DON'T BE STUPID!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom