• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    We have a couple of Beagle mutts who got some squirrels in our yard about 10 years ago. The dogs are older, 13 and 15, and the squirrels can out run them now.

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    they are a cute breed.

Attachments

• th-23.jpeg
      th-23.jpeg
      11.2 KB · Views: 271

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    Both my labs routinely try to make friends with squirrels. They consider them miniature labs. Absolutely ZERO killer instinct.

Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    My Dobie has killed one before and constantly tries to get a second notch on his belt. He despises them. He's faster than them in a full sprint but they always have the head start when they see him coming. Coke spring im sure he will get another.
    I also haven't seen any stray cats lately either. Hmm.

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    I think I've a relative of every generation of the same litter.:lol2:

Constant embarrassment but I love the breed. Mine even make friends with stuffed squirrels. Snuggle with them and everything. Luckily I don't hunt so it's not a big deal.

tommy gunn

Apr 7, 2012
    calvert county
    Mine will chase everyone he sees. Never cought one tho. Dont know if he would know what to do with ir if he did. You can't even say squirrel in my house. He goes nuts. You have to say sq's.

jefm

Jan 11, 2016
    Eastern Shore
    I have a jack russell, so you might as well call him a squirrel dog. He hates em. catches a couple a year in his yard, and the jaws of death make quick work.

tmccray45

Jan 16, 2007
    Columbia
    I was "dog sitting" my daughter's two Standard Schnauzers, a male and a female. I would walk them every day on a leach and every day, we would spot squirrels. I considered it a game - because I was taller, I would generally see any squirrels first and I'd wait till one of them spotted it. Then it was off to the races.
    Because the schnauzers were a LOT faster than this 'ol guy, they would be dragging me along and the squirrels would always get up a tree and out of danger. This one time, we actually came close to catching one before it got to a tree - and I thought, "well, that's that."
    The female had other ideas. She took a leap, grabbed the tree, and started climbing that tree. She was up ten feet before she got to the end of the leash and lost her grip. I caught her before she hit the ground.
    She frantically circled that tree and I had to drag her away. Of the two, she was the hunter - the male could have cared less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom