• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HaddenUSAF

Dec 9, 2012
    Is anyone a member of the Anne Arundel Fish & Game range on here? I live in the area and would like to join the club. I need a sponsor though so I am hoping someone is willing to meet me there one night, do a little shooting and decide whether or not to sponsor me in. I would really like to start shooting IDPA.

Hopefully someone can help me out. I just got a new 9mm and am anxious to let some rounds fly.

-Ben

aaron.foulk

Feb 16, 2013
    Have you contacted the idpa match admin and taken the new shooter class? That's your first step to shooting an IDPA match. You don't have to be a club member just to shoot IDPA.

Last edited:

BeSwift

Appleseed SI/State Coord
    Apr 15, 2008
    I've been known to sponsor folks after they successfully completed an Appleseed at AAFG.. hint, hint... BeSwift

HaddenUSAF

Dec 9, 2012
    Have you contacted the idpa match admin and taken the new shooter class? That's your first step to shooting an IDPA match. You don't have to be a club member just to shoot IDPA.

Aaron,

Thanks for the info. I just sent them an email. Looking forward to it.

-Ben

HaddenUSAF

Dec 9, 2012
    Hopefully I can find someone who will let me tag along to break in my new handgun. Its been a while since I have shot competitively so I would like some range time to get used to the new weapon system.

Brand new M&P 9 but nowhere to shoot. :envy:

I live out here in Cape St. Claire so there is really nowhere else to shoot. Looking forward to getting the process with AAFG rolling. :)

-Ben

sead0nkey

Señor member
    Jul 25, 2008
    AA
    Not a member but I'm interested as well. I'm waiting on my sr22 so I can shoot in the rim fire matches they hold. I would love to do the apple seed but its booked up. Following this thread.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    I am not a member either but I have been there twice to shoot the AR matches and once for the clean up day. It seems tough to become a member but I haven't really met enough people to ask for a sponsor yet. I may go to watch the Appleseed just because I have nothing else to do.

aaron.foulk

Feb 16, 2013
    The rimfire steel matches on the action pistol ranges are a very good way of meeting potential sponsors. People there are very sociable. They like talking about the club and guns with new folks. The match format is very conducive to social interaction. Plenty of time to gab. Show up early and help them setup and start up a few conversations before the match.
    That said, I'd seriously consider BeSwift's hint.

RJP3579

Mar 10, 2011
    Pasadena, Md
    I have shot several IDPA matches there and as Aaron.fouling stated you don't need to be a member to shoot their matches. They run great IDPA matches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom