• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Looking around on armslist for a trade for my ar i came across a scar 17. Ive emailed the person a few times and we seem to have come to a deal. My ar+mossberg 500+550 cash includes shipping. He doesnt have paypal, he mentioned western union. Ive never used western union before and dont know if Im protected. Those of you who have done more online transactions, what do you think?

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I have sent messages out to people there for some rifles last week. Out of ten, nine came back with. SCAM alerts from the site.

Others only accept postal MO, or Western Union.

If it's out if state, I will only deal with Dealers with verifiable credentials and storefronts. For individuals, only FTF transactions. Other than that, the risk of getting scammed is high. there are plenty of lower lifeforms that lurk in that site.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Sounds fishy, but if you're serious, I'd say find a reputable FFL in his area and ask him to go to that FFL with the firearm. Ship your guns and the cash to that FFL. Have that FFL and your FFL agree not to release anything to either party until both have received and inspected the goods.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    I have sent messages out to people there for some rifles last week. Out of ten, nine came back with. SCAM alerts from the site.

Others only accept postal MO, or Western Union.

If it's out if state, I will only deal with Dealers with verifiable credentials and storefronts. For individuals, only FTF transactions. Other than that, the risk of getting scammed is high. there are plenty of lower lifeforms that lurk in that site.

Ive only had 1 come back scam alert, but it was a scar actually

western union only equals SCAM 99.9% of the time

Im kinda getting that feeling. His language seems a little off in the emails. Its definately internet talk words like "u" instead of "you". Except, he spelling "cause", "cos". Some struck me as odd after a second reading.

Sounds fishy, but if you're serious, I'd say find a reputable FFL in his area and ask him to go to that FFL with the firearm. Ship your guns and the cash to that FFL. Have that FFL and your FFL agree not to release anything to either party until both have received and inspected the goods.

I like this idea. Ill email him with that idea.

Feb 28, 2013
    Looking around on armslist for a trade for my ar i came across a scar 17. Ive emailed the person a few times and we seem to have come to a deal. My ar+mossberg 500+550 cash includes shipping. He doesnt have paypal, he mentioned western union. Ive never used western union before and dont know if Im protected. Those of you who have done more online transactions, what do you think?

Where are you, and where is this guy?

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    Ok, I will say that I have had some very proifitable experiences with armslist and other non gunbroker online transactions. One was a Mossberg 500 bullpup kit for 225, the other was a lot of 50 37mm aluminum shells for 100. I was really suspicious of the bullpup seller as he contacted me after seeing my WTB post on MD shooters and asked to be paid an incredibly low price via western union. Luckily he was in Michigan and I had an army buddy living only 45 minutes away from there and I had him go do a FTF deal. The 37mm shells I did on armslist and took a chance and the guy was legit.

Feb 28, 2013
    Im in maryland still, hes supposedly in florida. He wouldnt mention his ffl so i said no thanks. I dont trust it

Smart decision IMO. I wouldn't deal with a private seller to far away to drive to and meet FTF, unless you wanted to meet face to face. Anyone legit would not only have no objection to that, but would welcome dealing with "a real person", as I was told once.

Sounds like this fella you were talking to wasn't. It wasn't someone in Gainesville selling a Golani, was it?

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Be very cautious with Armslist sellers. Had a friend duped out of $1900 for a M1A two months ago when his Armslist deal turned out to be a scam. All the typical warning cues were there, but they were ignored by a buyer who thought he was getting a good deal. If I were an Armslist buyer, it would be FTF only.

Lew--Ranger63
    Laurel, MD

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    I tried to buy one of those Mossberg MVP rifles from a guy off there but he never got back to me .

I do see that our buddy DJleepanda has got his over priced two tone AR on there now lol .

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Nah i believe he was in Orlando. It was a scar 17.

Even though i want an ak I woulda easily done the deal if it were legit....

Sirex