• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sclag22

Jan 9, 2013
    Fred Co.
    I was trying to think of a spot in Moco/Fredco that hasn't been pounded as hard as some of the bigger spots, and was wondering if anyone has gone here before. I've googled the location and can't find much, which makes me think its a less popular spot. Ideally, I would like to make it out for the last day of firearms.

Thanks!

pro1742

Jan 19, 2013
    Carroll County
    I used to hunt there 20+ years ago and have actually killed a couple of nice bucks there. There was never a shortage of people there but most hunted within a couple hundred yards of the parking area. I used to hike all the way back to the western border which was in view of the power plant. Always saw lots of deer its just a long drag out if you shoot something back there.

sclag22

Jan 9, 2013
    Fred Co.
    I used to hunt there 20+ years ago and have actually killed a couple of nice bucks there. There was never a shortage of people there but most hunted within a couple hundred yards of the parking area. I used to hike all the way back to the western border which was in view of the power plant. Always saw lots of deer its just a long drag out if you shoot something back there.

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. I definitely don't mind a hike in, or a drag out, and I'm sure there's never a shortage of hunters on any public land in MD, I just had a hard time finding info on it and was checking out others experience.

Thanks again, and happy new year!

akalma

MDS Supporter
    Nov 24, 2008
    МоКо
    On the first day of muzzle loaders season (10/17) the parking spot there was full, seems the area is still quite popular. I scouted it this summer, not many people were there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom