• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Samlab

Feb 14, 2018
    Down by the riverside
    Nicks shoe repair in Rockville Md. the very best out there hands down he’s done my boots for 50 yrs. Knows how to cut leathers soles lemon peg or brass tack them came do heals he’s done my custom boots. Best at Cowboy boots in the Delmarva everyone goes there. Price his craftsmanship is reasonable and he knows his stuff nice guy too.

Conductor

Mar 14, 2014
    Loudoun County, VA
    Make sure that the cobbler is going to carefully remove the old sole and remove the old stitching, then using the original stitch holes hand stitch the new soles to the body of the boot.
    I had a very expensive pair of wingtip dress shoes that needed re-soling, and took them to a shoe repair place on Market Street in Frederick. When I told the guy there what I wanted, he rather curtly told me that he didn't have the time to do it that way. I finally found a guy in Berryville, VA who did exactly what I wanted. That guy has retired, but there is an Asian guy in Winchester who takes a great deal of pride in his work, and does it the way it's supposed to be done. If you're interested, I'll find out who the guy in Winchester is and post it here. I don't know exactly where you are in Central MD, but Winchester may be closer to you than Annapolis.

baltech

Feb 23, 2013
    I send my work boots back to Redwing, but I love to watch videos on boot repair on YouTube. Fascinates me, maybe in my next life I'll take it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom