• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • -Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Just some food for thought since I was in the same position earlier this year, the Vortex is an Aimpoint clone. You can get an Aimpoint PRO with a mount for $400 or less if you shop around. Then you get the 4 year battery life and the rugged reliability Aimpoint is known for. I handled both in my search and ended up shelling out for the real deal.

rivertamer

Apr 7, 2012
    MARYLAND
    I have the strikefire on my AR also... works great..... no down sides and available for less than $200.... hard to beat this one.

20121001_174926-1.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S3

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Its a great optic. I did a comparison about 3 years back compared to an aimpoint ml2. The vortex will take a beating, maybe not like an aimpoint but its not cheap quality. Plus the warrenty is awesome.

ride4frnt

Jun 18, 2011
    Clear Spring
    I have a sparc and I love it. Battery life is fine for me. Even if it doesn't last 4 years, how much does a replacement watch battery cost? Buy 5 of em at a time.

There was an article I read in ARFcom i believe where a guy beat the ever loving shit out of a strikefire and it didn't fail. And if it does fail, it's got a lifetime warranty. Save your money, buy the vortex.

Edit: here is a torture test on the sparc. I don't think this is the one I read. I remember the one being tested was a green dot (strikefire) and I remember him leaving it out in the snow as well. But nonetheless, it's a torture test on a vortex optic, and I can only assume the sparc and strikefire are of similar construction.

http://www.weaponevolution.com/foru...s-SPARC-Torture-Test-Review&p=31946#post31946

sead0nkey

Señor member
    Jul 25, 2008
    AA
    I bought one that died after two range trips. Had something to do with a connection in the battery compartment. I contacted vortex and they made it right very quickly (shipping both ways on their dime/quick turn around). I sold it and reached a little deeper in the wallet and bought something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom