Anyone Have Experience Installing a Magpul SL Handguard?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ringo

Oct 10, 2014
    Severn
    Punched out the front sling attachment with no problem but I've hit a brick wall since. I watched the only youtube vid on installing and I've read that it's a tight fit, but I honestly don't think it's possible. Any suggestions? Or any places I can stop by that wouldn't mind helping me install the little devil?

SSDD

Dec 18, 2012
    Hanover, MD
    I have two carbine length Magpul handguards and although I haven't messed with them in quite a while, I do remember it being a pain. I believe it was much easier if you just have someone help pull the ring down.

Otherwise I'm sure 2 A Sales & Supplies would help you out. They are an IP here.

8610 Washington Blvd Suite 209. Jessup, MD 20794. Phone (240)456-0060

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    I have two carbine length Magpul handguards and although I haven't messed with them in quite a while, I do remember it being a pain. I believe it was much easier if you just have someone help pull the ring down.

Otherwise I'm sure 2 A Sales & Supplies would help you out. They are an IP here.

8610 Washington Blvd Suite 209. Jessup, MD 20794. Phone (240)456-0060

OP using one of these to pull back the delta ring?

welcome to use mine if you like, it does make it much easier.

thor

Jan 24, 2015
    linthicum maryland
    I just put my sl on yesterday and wasn't easy,I put the top on first the ring wouldn't go back all the way so I got one corner started then the other side and it went in same on bottom one corner at a time and I just used my fingers I don't have a tool,

Ringo

Oct 10, 2014
    Severn
    I just put my sl on yesterday and wasn't easy,I put the top on first the ring wouldn't go back all the way so I got one corner started then the other side and it went in same on bottom one corner at a time and I just used my fingers I don't have a tool,

Interesting. I can get the top on no problem, but the bottom piece doesn't seem to go flush at the front. The top piece always overlaps the bottom, I'm not sure if this will fix itself once I push the bottom in at the ring. The amount of force I'm using makes me believe I'm doing something wrong even though the directions are simple. My delta ring isn't even really stiff to move either

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom